[ Mon 19th Aug ] U18 v Burton Park Wdrs, KO 7:45pm NSYL HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Mon 19th Aug ] U18 v Burton Park Wdrs, KO 7:45pm NSYL

Post by bozzer »

it's not necessarily the videoing the game, although that is time consuming, but I just don't have time to edit all the first team matches and the Under 18's as well.

If someone would like to have a go at doing the U18's then feel free to get in touch
AFC R&D Member No. 67
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

bozzer wrote:it's not necessarily the videoing the game, although that is time consuming, but I just don't have time to edit all the first team matches and the Under 18's as well.

If someone would like to have a go at doing the U18's then feel free to get in touch
If someone records it, and can put it on a FTP site (I don't have any Web servers anymore) for me to pickup then I will have ago, I will not be able to make the under 18 matches but I can certainly edit them, they may be different to the first team ones, as I believe Jon uses Apple PC and software (yuk) to do the editing, I would have to do it on a windows box.

The reason I think its important is that is just one more thing that makes us attractive to young players looking for a club.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

I can offer my services for a bit of video editing if it can be done from my home, I have some experience editing but I still can't get across to matches due to work and personal commitments.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

Does anyone how we can upload 16gb by FTP for either Ron or wwodb to be able to download and edit
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

bozzer wrote:Does anyone how we can upload 16gb by FTP for either Ron or wwodb to be able to download and edit
I don't think it's practical - most home broadband would take several days to upload that (assuming the line didn't drop), and even something like BT Infinity 2 with 19Mbps upload speed would take more than half of a day.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

can you not compress it to something smaller? or get it to them via a mem stick.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Bandwidth is not a problem, I have Fibre, so have 96mb down and I think its about 40mb up, so 16 gig, will take only a 2 hours mins or so for me.

How about using dropbox , you get about 50gb free I believe, you can create an account for free, share it with me or who ever and we can download it from there??

The other advantage of dropbox, it uploads whenever your online, so does it in the background.

I would then upload it directly to the youtube channel etc.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

ron manager wrote:Bandwidth is not a problem, I have Fibre, so have 96mb down and I think its about 40mb up, so 16 gig, will take only a 2 hours mins or so for me.

How about using dropbox , you get about 50gb free I believe, you can create an account for free, share it with me or who ever and we can download it from there??

The other advantage of dropbox, it uploads whenever your online, so does it in the background.

I would then upload it directly to the youtube channel etc.
How about creating such an account and running a few timing tests on a 16Gb file to help prove whether someone with Virgin Cable or BT Infinity 2 might manage the upload in the times you suggest - and there are no technical issues / file size limitations? It needs to be an upload test, not a download test.
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

Yeah because I live in the middle of nowhere on an 8mb service which gets nowhere near that. It normally takes 2-3 hours to uploa the highlights which are about 1.5gb so uploading will be an issue
AFC R&D Member No. 67
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Will have to be stuck on a USB stick then and given to me or who ever as the next home or away game, just means the highlights might be a bit later than normal, that is all.

On the brightside, with my bandwidth uploading it to you tube will only take a few minutes instead of your hours :)