Eynesbury finish third

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Eynesbury finish third

Post by Formic »

They won 3-2 at BPW - http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?div ... ue=1625657

I think that means they have also gone 22 games unbeaten, so they deserve to pip Oadby.

If the UCL do decide to offer a third team a chance for promotion it will be interesting to see if Eynesbury's ground has been passed fit for Step 5 (or indeed Oadby's).

There was clearly work to be done in both cases when I went to see games at their grounds during April (i.e. after the apparent deadline).
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Eynesbury finish third

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Well done Eynesbury, if though one their committee is a bell end.

If I'm right then Sileby will probably finish first, we'll probably finish second. Eynesbury will definitely finish third and Oadby will finish fourth. Unlike the Premier League fourth place is not good enough to earn you a nice summer trip to somewhere unpronounceable. Oh dear
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Unlike the Premier League fourth place is not good enough to earn you a nice summer trip to somewhere unpronounceable. Oh dear
Good job a Oadby Town havn't made the UCL Prem, imagine them trying to pronounce Cogenhoe. :D
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Somebody has claimed on the UCL Facebook that the Oadby manager and chairman had a scrap on Saturday after the Olney game...
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

BartonRaz wrote:Somebody has claimed on the UCL Facebook that the Oadby manager and chairman had a scrap on Saturday after the Olney game...
Well in my mind something went on earlier when they dropped those 9 points in 4 games and the Chairman doing the interview after the game plus the walk away at a strange time by a high profile player, smells of a Chairman sticking a nose into team affairs causing dressing room unrest.

Also I think this bust up might have started at half time on Saturday as they were 2-0 up and apparently coasting then 2nd half they went to pieces and conceded the 3 goals.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

For those not on Facebook, or reading the UCL Page, this was posted. Not sure if it's true but it's rather amusing:
To be fair, they seemed like a decent bunch with a good following and a polite bunch of supporters, but a manager at any level can't be seen shouting at his chairman "All you do is walk round in a suit like a jumped up c**t" and not expect something to happen!!
:lol: :lol:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Bob's Bitch wrote:For those not on Facebook, or reading the UCL Page, this was posted. Not sure if it's true but it's rather amusing:
To be fair, they seemed like a decent bunch with a good following and a polite bunch of supporters, but a manager at any level can't be seen shouting at his chairman "All you do is walk round in a suit like a jumped up c**t" and not expect something to happen!!
:lol: :lol:
From UCL facebook page...

United-Counties League
15 hours ago
Oadby Town manager Lee Harriman has resigned from his post, more on this story to follow...