[ Sat 4th May ] v Northampton Spencer, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 4th May ] v Northampton Spencer, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Cotty »

I see from the list that Trek referred to that our match against Potton a couple of weeks age gave them their best ever attendance.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

I went to Spencer last year to watch the U18's and the chips and curry sauce are to die for, hope they get plenty in? 8-)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:I went to Spencer last year to watch the U18's and the chips and curry sauce are to die for, hope they get plenty in? 8-)
Let's hope they're better organised on the drinks front. If they are then they will do very well.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Trek wrote:http://www.1790.co.uk/BTFCArchives/UCLTeamInfo.htm

Could be a ground record attendance on Saturday. ;)
For UCL clubs there are some quite impressive records there, Desborough 8,000, Holbeach 4,000, but can you imagine 5,000 at places like Eynesbury, you must have been barely able to move, let alone see the match :shock:

Though some of the capacities are a bit optimistic if you take modern health and safety rules into account, I've not been to either but 6,000 for Boston Town and 5,000 for Cogenhoe must be pushing it a bit? And no way would they let a crowd of 5,000 into the D&D these days, I guess if you stuck most of the crowd on the bottom field you might fit that many in, but it wouldn't be comfortable :lol:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The publicity this match has engendered may get some of the locals to come along and either support Spencer or just to see what the "new" Diamonds are all about. May even get some Cobblers fans along also.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

I know most of the Sileby squad are going down as they finish on Tuesday not Saturday. :x
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

I know its an impossible question to answer but with the sun shinning and a possible promotion at the end of the day which always generates extra fans how large do you think the gate will be?

Could it reach 1,000?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Stalin wrote:I know its an impossible question to answer but with the sun shinning and a possible promotion at the end of the day which always generates extra fans how large do you think the gate will be?

Could it reach 1,000?
I think it will, 1,200 at Hayden Road on a nice day, well this is a promotion decider so I'd think there'd be at least 1,000 of our fans + any other curious fans. I hope everyone's well behaved especially if we get some fans coming just to look for trouble.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Stalin wrote:I know its an impossible question to answer but with the sun shinning and a possible promotion at the end of the day which always generates extra fans how large do you think the gate will be?

Could it reach 1,000?
The million dollar question we all want answering though Simon is will you be coming out of retirement and show yourself?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Harry

Post by Harry »

I've been an appalling fan this season - haven't been to a single game. Have been away a lot of the time but that's no excuse for not having seen even one.

However I will be down saturday. Can't wait. :D I fully accept being called a glory hunter. ;) :lol:
Diamond down South.