New Signings

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: New Signings

Post by BartonRaz »

That side makes me wince. How we picked up any points with that XI and subs bench i'll never know.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mr Chips Mate

Post by Mr Chips Mate »

Tom Cross is a very good keeper and will push Quincy. Daniel Grainger is a strange signing in my opinion as he was very injury prone at Wellingboro in the last couple of seasons, with Dent, Morgan, Allen all wide players and only making the bench do we really need another midfielder?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:
That side makes me wince. How we picked up any points with that XI and subs bench i'll never know.
Good manager, just unlucky. ;)

It amazes me how O'Grady and Pearson ever had a career in football after that, they were awful for us. The less said about Neil McCafferty the better...
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

According to Thrapston's facebook page, Grainger signed for them this season already and is still registered.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I had a feeling we might sign Grainger after he was in attendance at the Oadby game. Was hoping the same of Millsy! ;) :D
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

mattreddan wrote:According to Thrapston's facebook page, Grainger signed for them this season already and is still registered.
That mirrors the FA.com site:-

http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayTeam4 ... =372463102
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

So does that mean grainger is unable to play at present? Can't believe how much he has changed from what I can remember :D

Strange if you ask me, if anything it's the forwards that need tweaking, Dan just seems too injury prone, but all the best to him though. Glad they have got a replacement for Quincy, can't imagine this new guy will take on strikers like Quincy does, my god does he nearly give me a heart attack!! :shock:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
I like clean sheets

Post by I like clean sheets »

New signing spells the end for Quincy i reckon. You could see the reaction from the other players after that gift on Saturday - and with Ash and Alex coming on, there will be no room at the inn for a 4th choice.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Grainger is a bit of a strange one, but interested to see what Cross has to offer, would like to see him start against Chenecks, with Ash as back up.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I like clean sheets wrote:New signing spells the end for Quincy i reckon. You could see the reaction from the other players after that gift on Saturday - and with Ash and Alex coming on, there will be no room at the inn for a 4th choice.
But his bravery was superb on a few occasions on Monday to deny goalscoring opportunities. But was too casual during the incident where he was carded for handball. We will see tomorrow if Starms has finally lost patience with the Quince!