How many teams

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ady1965

How many teams

Post by Ady1965 »

How many teams get promoted.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: How many teams

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Two, unless either of the top two can't be promoted for whatever reason, then the third placed team is promoted... if I remember correctly.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

From the UCL Rulebook - http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayNews. ... ue=1625657

13.4 Promotion and Relegation between Premier Division and Division One
Promotion and relegation between the Premier Division and Division One may be applied to
the bottom two teams in the Premier Division and the top two teams in Division One,
subject to the ground facilities and administration of any Club eligible for promotion being
approved by the Board by 1 April each year. Should one of the top two clubs in Division
One not be eligible then consideration will be given to the third placed side if they wish to be
promoted.
If no Clubs are eligible or wish promotion, the number of Clubs to be relegated will be
reduced.
In the event of a Club, not being placed in a relegation position at the end of the season,
wishing to resign from the Competition at the end of the season, or having been removed
from membership under the Rules the number of Clubs to be relegated shall be reduced
accordingly.
In the event of a Club opting to be relegated or being removed from membership under the
Rules such Club or Clubs will replace the Club or Clubs otherwise due for relegation.
13.5 Relegation to Feeder Leagues/Re-election to Division One
The last two Clubs in Division One may be relegated to a Feeder League. Should there be
no eligible Feeder League Clubs wishing promotion, relegation from Division One will be at
the discretion of the Board. Clubs re-elected to Division One must pay a re-election fee in
accordance with the Fees Tariff.
reis

Post by reis »

Do any of our promotion rivals' grounds not comply with promotion criteria does anyone know?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

reis wrote:Do any of our promotion rivals' grounds not comply with promotion criteria does anyone know?
I think you have to have floodlights installed. If Thrapston ground was ok for the prem then i'd imagine any ground with floodlights would be surfice
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
reis wrote:Do any of our promotion rivals' grounds not comply with promotion criteria does anyone know?
I think you have to have floodlights installed. If Thrapston ground was ok for the prem then i'd imagine any ground with floodlights would be surfice
There is a lot more to it than just having floodlights, and in fact the FA are putting pressure on it's step 5/6 leagues to become stricter on their clubs regarding ground facilities. I know that both ourselves and Sileby have been given areas to work on in order for our grounds to be eligible for promotion, and it wouldn't surprise me if Oadby and Eynesbury had as well. The deadline for this work is March 31st so you will start seeing some changes to the Dog & Duck in the coming weeks - some noticeable, such as the fence between the car park and the hard standing area along the terrace end of the pitch; and some less noticeable, like some general tidying up of certain areas.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

davealbon wrote:There is a lot more to it than just having floodlights, and in fact the FA are putting pressure on it's step 5/6 leagues to become stricter on their clubs regarding ground facilities. I know that both ourselves and Sileby have been given areas to work on in order for our grounds to be eligible for promotion, and it wouldn't surprise me if Oadby and Eynesbury had as well. The deadline for this work is March 31st so you will start seeing some changes to the Dog & Duck in the coming weeks - some noticeable, such as the fence between the car park and the hard standing area along the terrace end of the pitch; and some less noticeable, like some general tidying up of certain areas.
Does this mean that if this work is not completed and Wellingborough avoid relegation then they would be demoted, or would they retain their Premier status whilst we would be unable to be promoted despite playing at the same ground?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

davealbon wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
There is a lot more to it than just having floodlights, and in fact the FA are putting pressure on it's step 5/6 leagues to become stricter on their clubs regarding ground facilities. I know that both ourselves and Sileby have been given areas to work on in order for our grounds to be eligible for promotion, and it wouldn't surprise me if Oadby and Eynesbury had as well. The deadline for this work is March 31st so you will start seeing some changes to the Dog & Duck in the coming weeks - some noticeable, such as the fence between the car park and the hard standing area along the terrace end of the pitch; and some less noticeable, like some general tidying up of certain areas.
But I thought the D&D was SL standard, at least that's what was said when we agreed the groundshare.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Olly wrote:But I thought the D&D was SL standard, at least that's what was said when we agreed the groundshare.
Strange aint it Wellingborough play in the prem but in order for us to get to the same league we need to improve the ground.
Nothing we can do just get stuck in and make the grade.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It appears they're getting pretty hot on this. I do wonder about the 'garden end' at Eynesbury.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291