[ Sat 15th Dec ] v Buckingham Town KO 3pm (@Bletchley) UCL1

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamondsiy

Re: [ Sat 15th Dec ] v Buckingham Town KO 3pm (@Bletchley) U

Post by Diamondsiy »

Sileby Rangers 2 Olney Town 0
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Thats the trouble, who's going to take points off Sileby and Oadby? Only us, big pressure in those games!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Today's results and up dated table.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPubli ... ue=1625657
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Buckingham were terrible, without a doubt the worst side we've faced this season.

Could and should have been double figures, but not complaining as we scored nine.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

That was funnier than Gateshead. Their no.3 was so funny.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

We needed to give someone a hammering like that after Oadby and Sileby have had 8-0 wins, show that we mean business and know where the net is.
Puzzle's me know how they beat BPW 4-0 a few weeks ago! :shock:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Felt very sorry for them in the end. Some Buckingham/Bletchley folk were very polite and helpful to me as I waddled round on my crutches but the ground just seemed plain dangerous to me. Not to mention the pitch. Sad to see a once proud Southern League club on its knees like that.

Don't really know where to start with their side. I'm amazed they've managed to win a single game let alone four. As for us, whilst I think we're rapidly improving as a team I don't think today was necessarily testament to that. It just became a bit of an embarrassment all round.

Just want to say well done to Jake Newman also. Had a tough start here but he's now scored in 7 successive games and looks a real class act. Is that a Diamonds record (former club included)?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Just want to say well done to Jake Newman also. Had a tough start here but he's now scored in 7 successive games and looks a real class act. Is that a Diamonds record (former club included)?
Quality striker at this level and he caused problems for the defence all game. Toss up between him and Deakin for MOM for me, which now looks like McDonald's departure was a blessing bringing in a better centre half!
olio

Post by olio »

Just got home to Scunthorpe after the game. It was my first game I've been able to get to since the Rushden & Higham game at the start of October, and I loved every minute of it today. I couldn't fault any of the 14 lads wearing yellow today. Lance Allen fitted in well on the wing, tracked back well, had a couple of mazy runs, and deserved his goal. McBride and Merrill, as usual, had great games, and it's fantastic to see how seamlessly Joe can fit into so many different positions. Deaks at the back was superb; not just because of his goals, but he dealt with the little that was thrown at him with impeccable calmness. And I'm sure Starms will be just as pleased with the clean sheet as the 9 goals. But for me, Jake Newman was absolutely fantastic. His first touch, the way he held up the ball and brought others into play, the runs he made in behind, the way he harried the defenders, the way he finished both goals really well. I could go on, because he really was that good. Fantastic display from him. I know you can say that Buckingham were absolutely dreadful (which trust me, they were!!), but we still had to put in the performance and stick the ball in the net. The day was wrapped up beautifully when Hopey almost sympathetically and apologetically pulled back his left foot to sidefoot that one in at the end :lol: I got drenched, but boy oh boy was it worth it to watch that brilliant team display from the lads. So proud right now :D :D :D
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

As the players were going in for half-time I shouted "you must be bored Quincy!" He laughed and said "yeah a bit!"

He's awesome! :lol:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46