Community Teams

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
dazSRJFC

Re: Community Teams

Post by dazSRJFC »

Two of our Under 11 teams played at Southend School this morning (Bees and Wasps). The league in which they play, the Weetabix Youth League, have adopted 9v9 for the first time, ahead of a mandatory U11 and U12s playing 9v9 in 2013-4. The pitches and goals are smaller than the full size, in proportion to the size of the players and the number on the pitch.
This morning was the first time I had watched a 9v9 game, and all I can say is, why did n`t the FA bring it in earlier??
Rather than the depressing hoofing into channels ,( and players not touching a ball for ten minutes at a time , if they were lucky), we were treated to some lovely flowing moves, end to end play, plenty of chances, and everyone involved, all the time. The Wasps seem to have particularly thrived in this environment, and some of their passing and movement evoked Alfie and Dev in their pomp. I urge you all to go and watch them when you can. I can guarantee entertainment for the most jaded palette. :D
AFC R&D Member Number 443
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

As it ever is this Saturday and Sunday saw a mixed bag of results for the Community teams.

On Saturday morning at Irchester the Under 7’s Dragons and the Under 8 Rovers both had enjoyable game, for the Dragons the first time they’d played against non-AFC R&D opposition.

We don’t keep scores at the younger age groups.

Over at Higham on Sunday our two Under 9 teams, the Leopards and the Tigers both lost by a two goal margin to Wilby and Earls Barton respectively.

Also at Higham the Under 10 Bisons also lost against Earls Barton, this time by 1 goal to 4, Harry Richardson netting the Bisons consolation.

Two of our Under 11 sides were in action at South End School on Sunday morning. This season has seen a change in the format for Under 11’s and rather than go from 7-a-side to 11-aside they are benefiting from playing 9-a-side. The Bees found it tough and ended up on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline against Corby Warriors. In the first of three matches we played against Ise Lodge teams the Wasps put in a superb performance to record a 6-1 victory, Diarra Layne, weighed in with a hat-trick, Cameron Moffatt blasted two and Dan Price finished off the scoring.

Moving onto 11-a-side the Under 13 Cosmos looked to be on their way when an early Sam Adams goal put the 1-0 against Corby Kingswood, unfortunately that was as good as it got and Kingswood went onto score 6 themselves. Their age-mates and division rivals the Galaxy made the short trip to the OG’s for their match. A Liam Ion goal gave them a 1-0 lead, but Grammarians fought back to lead 2-1 with twenty minutes to go, the Galaxy turned it up a notch and goals from Devin Cottis, James Loader and Callum Parker made it 4-2 at full-time

Over on the far pitch at Kennedys the Under 14 Rebels were also taking on an Ise Lodge team and they controlled the game to run out comfortable 3-1 winners Ed Bates, Will Bates and Reece Pickering netting the goals.

Our final tussle with Ise Lodge saw the Under 15 Gladiators struggle and come away beaten 4-0.

There was better news for the Under 16 Scorpions who beat Weekley Rovers 5-1 to continue their good start to the season. A Rhys Day brace and strikes from David Brazier, Chris Newman and Harry Underwood sealed the victory.

The Under 7 Magic, Under 10 Rhino’s and Under 11 Hornets all had a week off.

Our teams will be back in action at the weekend so please come along and have a look, entry is free to all venues and if you pick Irchester or Higham Central Venues, South End or Kennedys chances are there will be more than one game on.
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

I know it`s early days but look where the Under 16s Scorpions are...

http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/LeagueT ... e=WTBX2012

Oh yeah!!! :D
AFC R&D Member Number 443
himynameisrob

Post by himynameisrob »

And that is where we shall stay :D
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

For 9 against 1 :shock:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
icm

Post by icm »

I was looking through the Northampton Chronicle & Echo football results and noticed that
in the Northampton and District Youth Alliance under 18 blue division there was an AFC Rushden & Diamonds team that on the 16th Sept. had beaten Daventry Town 9-1
I didn't realise we had a team in this league
himynameisrob

Post by himynameisrob »

Isn't that our "u17s" side?!
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

himynameisrob wrote:Isn't that our "u17s" side?!
Yes it is :)
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I'll post s full report tomorrow but a big shout out to our 11-a-side teams who played through awful conditions this afternoon. Thanks to Mal who nipped over to Kennedy's to take pictures for the U13 Cosmos.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

The under 14s played in a blizzard. Winning 7-0 in Kettrin
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.