TWITTER & FB FEEDS

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CountHermanDeBanker

TWITTER & FB FEEDS

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Just a thought mods, is there any way of using the FB and Twitter feed link buttons on posts here on this and the official AFCRD website members forum (I haven't joined yet for my sins..... :o ) where we could click the link button to post what has been put on the respective forums direct to FB and Twitter?
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: TWITTER & FB FEEDS

Post by Sid »

The members only forum is just that! I don't think anything from there should be posted elsewhere, otherwise what is the point of it?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Absolutely, we asked from the very beginning that nothing from the Members' Forum be repeated/copied elsewhere on the Internet and, to date, I think the members have kept their promise.

As for linking comments from here to FB and Twitter - I really don't see the point (and I don't have a clue about how to set it up :lol: )
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I agree. Don't see the need for it. The Members Forum is definitely the place for a candid discussion on any sensitive issues and so far it has worked just fine.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

On that point I'd like to say how impressed I've been with members keeping to that "agreement", it enables us to have some really candid discussions at times which I think can only be beneficial to the long term future of the club - if you're not a member yet, or signed up to the Forum, then what better reason can you have to do so :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Pigman wrote:On that point I'd like to say how impressed I've been with members keeping to that "agreement", it enables us to have some really candid discussions at times which I think can only be beneficial to the long term future of the club - if you're not a member yet, or signed up to the Forum, then what better reason can you have to do so :D
I agree - the members forum is really at the opposite end of the spectrum to Facebook or the UCL forum, and those that post there not only discuss sensitive club stuff, but also topics that would quickly be exaggerated or misconstrued if they were posted on a public forum.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Pigman wrote:On that point I'd like to say how impressed I've been with members keeping to that "agreement", it enables us to have some really candid discussions at times which I think can only be beneficial to the long term future of the club - if you're not a member yet, or signed up to the Forum, then what better reason can you have to do so :D
Yeah I agree, its great and another great benefit of the fan owned system.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Am I the only one who is sceptical regarding the members only forum? Segregating fans of the same team is plain wrong in my eyes. The motto of the club is "One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club"... where as it should be "One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club - As long as you pay the membership fee, otherwise you're excluded from things"... Not everyone can perhaps afford the membership fee, for whatever reasons, or simply don't want to pay it as they pay their way each week to watch the games anyway. It doesn't make them less of a supporter because they don't want to or can't pay a membership fee. This is meant to be a community club, not a members exclusive club. The whole "do not tell anyone anything that goes on in members only chat" is strange too, why is it a secret? Should there be secrets between fans of the same clubs when it regards a club both people love?

Just my thoughts on it.

Regarding the other thing, it reminds me a while back I made an iphone/android application with links to the forum, the official site, the twitter feed updated in real time & same for facebook, fixtures list, etc etc...I got sidetracked and started doing other things and ended I lost all the stuff when I formatted my computer. I dunno how you'd go about getting it on the app store but i'm sure people would use it if it was a free app, could be useful to have all that info if you need to check anything while can't access a computer & instead of having to troll through the internet on your phone finding it all... just an idea if anyone is good at that stuff.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

mattreddan wrote:Am I the only one who is sceptical regarding the members only forum? Segregating fans of the same team is plain wrong in my eyes. The motto of the club is "One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club"... where as it should be "One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club - As long as you pay the membership fee, otherwise you're excluded from things"... Not everyone can perhaps afford the membership fee, for whatever reasons, or simply don't want to pay it as they pay their way each week to watch the games anyway. It doesn't make them less of a supporter because they don't want to or can't pay a membership fee. This is meant to be a community club, not a members exclusive club. The whole "do not tell anyone anything that goes on in members only chat" is strange too, why is it a secret? Should there be secrets between fans of the same clubs when it regards a club both people love?

Just my thoughts on it.

No your not, I totally agree, and have been watching from afar getting rather concerned with "if your not a member" you don't know what is going on. The only thing members should be able to do differently to "normal" people is vote, the rest should be open forum (if you feel strongly about something, then join and have your vote, not excluded because your not a member. I appreciate financially and contracts should be kept private, but again, I only see this as something the steering/board etc should worry about, not general members.
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

mattreddan wrote:Am I the only one who is sceptical regarding the members only forum? Segregating fans of the same team is plain wrong in my eyes. The motto of the club is "One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club"... where as it should be "One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club - As long as you pay the membership fee, otherwise you're excluded from things"... Not everyone can perhaps afford the membership fee, for whatever reasons, or simply don't want to pay it as they pay their way each week to watch the games anyway.
I can't afford the membership at present but I don't mind that there's a forum for members. It seems a logical extension of membership to me.