Interesting read - particularly issue 8

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Interesting read - particularly issue 8

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm looking forward to that game so much. :lol:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Me too, should be a cracking atmosphere 8-)
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

diamondphil wrote:I actually have the utmost respect for Aidy Mann, he once visited my sister after she had a brain tumour removed (He was her favorite player at the time) The club even invited her to a game at Nene park where she got a signed shirt, photos on the pitch, and got to meet all the players.

It will be a little strange to me to go to Hayden Road to watch Rushden & Diamonds, my first game as a 7 year old boy was there to watch Rushden town with my granddad.

I’m not sure but it may even be the first time Rushden & Diamonds have actually played a competitive game in Rushden? And I’m sure there will be a number of current fans who may not have had the pleasure of Hayden road, to be honest it’s not changed much since the late 80’s 
I'm really looking forward to the return to Hayden Road, I also started watching RTFC around 6 or 7 years of age, Dad took me, I was hooked from that first game! Not much has changed at all up there as far as I can see, they do a great job maintaining the place though from what I remember from my last visit there a few years back for a friends Engagement party in the in the club bar/house.

Further links from that time was Rushden Rangers taking over the place when the RTFC IDFC merger happened in 92, my brother was still playing for Rangers back then, so still had the pleasure of going to Hayden Road for football, along with Saturday senior games at Nene Park :D

Days of Frankie Belfon, Mick York, Andy Kirkup etc, ah happy, happy days :D
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
diamondphil

Post by diamondphil »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
diamondphil wrote:I actually have the utmost respect for Aidy Mann, he once visited my sister after she had a brain tumour removed (He was her favorite player at the time) The club even invited her to a game at Nene park where she got a signed shirt, photos on the pitch, and got to meet all the players.

It will be a little strange to me to go to Hayden Road to watch Rushden & Diamonds, my first game as a 7 year old boy was there to watch Rushden town with my granddad.

I’m not sure but it may even be the first time Rushden & Diamonds have actually played a competitive game in Rushden? And I’m sure there will be a number of current fans who may not have had the pleasure of Hayden road, to be honest it’s not changed much since the late 80’s 
I'm really looking forward to the return to Hayden Road, I also started watching RTFC around 6 or 7 years of age, Dad took me, I was hooked from that first game! Not much has changed at all up there as far as I can see, they do a great job maintaining the place though from what I remember from my last visit there a few years back for a friends Engagement party in the in the club bar/house.

Further links from that time was Rushden Rangers taking over the place when the RTFC IDFC merger happened in 92, my brother was still playing for Rangers back then, so still had the pleasure of going to Hayden Road for football, along with Saturday senior games at Nene Park :D

I have been to watch games up there on a Sunday, usually U12's football as my son plays home games there. Cracking bar, and a good burger!

Peter Greene was one of my favourites for some reason, always seemed to try hard! and of course, the legend Kevin Fox!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink................when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

I don't remember a Micky York although there was Paul York. Gary wall is a sales rep that calls at work regular put loads of weight on now.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Mat.H wrote:I don't remember a Micky York although there was Paul York. Gary wall is a sales rep that calls at work regular put loads of weight on now.
It is Paul York, the only Mickey I can remember, was Mickey Nuttell.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Mick Kurila
AFC R&D Membership No 283
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondphil wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote:

I have been to watch games up there on a Sunday, usually U12's football as my son plays home games there. Cracking bar, and a good burger!

Peter Greene was one of my favourites for some reason, always seemed to try hard! and of course, the legend Kevin Fox!
Who we will see in a few week against Burton PW
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

According to twitter, Starms makes the headlines again :shock: with alleged comments about our leading goal scorer.
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

I expect it's a load of crap just aimed at getting the numbers up now that they are charging for the newsletter. I am surprised Starms is even bothering speaking to this guy given the angle that he is taken on previous articles. I won't be paying a penny to read his drivel.