Diamonds Capture Chris Hope

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Re: Diamonds Capture Chris Hope

Post by Olly »

A fantastic signing to the club for many reasons. Not only will he be probably the best CB in the league and an invaluable leader (captain perhaps?), but another reason for me why its great to have him at the club is the fact that he was a favourite at the old club and by having him at the new club (as well as the various other playing and coaching staff who were at rdfc), the club should really feel like the Diamonds we all know and love, rather than just a brand new club with no connections to the old one, if you know what I mean. And its also great how he's shown so much support like coming to that first meeting, amazing really and we're very lucky that he's shown such an interest and I really cannot wait for the 18th now, have a very good feeling that its going to be a very good first season:)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
supersub

Post by supersub »

I'm still buzzing with the news! SS
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Can't believe this, it doesn't seem like it should be real, for such a young startup to sign someone so important to the old club is outstanding.

Well done to all involved and welcome back Chris :D

Chrissy Hope Hope Hope!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

STAGMAN wrote:Shame big Phil Gulliver has joined Kings Lynn, ideal him and Chris back together again
Funnily enough, I was only thinking the same thing when i started reading the first opening posts... This is a fantastic signing and i really do take my hat off to the board for arranging Hopey to come back. Thought he was outstanding in his RDFC days and no doubt will bring in experience to our younger stars.

On the topic of Phil Gulliver I went on the corby forum the other day to read about his move to kings lynn and couldn't believe what i was reading. I only live literally 5 mins walk away from steel park and have never been, however i always thought phil gulliver would be a player for the fans...Some of the posts were saying in similar words good riddance...

Perhaps barton raz knows more
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

corby diamond wrote:
On the topic of Phil Gulliver I went on the corby forum the other day to read about his move to kings lynn and couldn't believe what i was reading. I only live literally 5 mins walk away from steel park and have never been, however i always thought phil gulliver would be a player for the fans...Some of the posts were saying in similar words good riddance...
I've always liked Phil, as a player and as a person, however I saw about 15 of Corby's home matches last season so perhaps I am in a position to comment. Phil has never been blessed with much pace and unfortunately he was left wanting on many ocassions last season particularly with the ball over the top and was often helped out by the excellent Paul Malone who has been given the captaincy by the Steelmen this term.
It was announced that Corby would be extending his contract, but he ended up signing for Lynn where it remains to be seen if this is a positive signing for the Linnets.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm quite excited about Hopey and Ainsley playing together to be honest, I think that blend of youth and experience will be great to see. I've heard "not so great" reports about Gully's fitness levels (and weight!!) - personally I'm still smiling about Hopey's "capture", its a real statement of intent !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51