Bridge quits England because his missus got porked

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
DiamondsFan

Bridge quits England because his missus got porked

Post by DiamondsFan »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8536491.stm

I think he needs to grow up a bit.. Yeah his missus did the dirty behind his back but representing England should be the highlight of any English footballers career and no matter what differences he has with players, he should take pride in his ability he's pretty much just throwing it in everybody's faces (in my opinion, of course..).

Thoughts?
mattreddan

Re: Bridge quits England because his missus got porked

Post by mattreddan »

Imo Leighton Baines is a lot better than Bridge anyway, same with Phil Jagielka.

With Jagielka @ the World Cup you've got a decent left back aswell as cover for the rest of the back line if need be.
woody

Post by woody »

DiamondsFan wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8536491.stm

I think he needs to grow up a bit.. Yeah his missus did the dirty behind his back but representing England should be the highlight of any English footballers career and no matter what differences he has with players, he should take pride in his ability he's pretty much just throwing it in everybody's faces (in my opinion, of course..).

Thoughts?
I feel he is doing what his heart tells him..................however, I do feel he has been told he wouldn't be going anyway after he pre empted Cappelo's decision and said he wouldn't play in the same team as Terry.

He is NOT the first choice................unfortunately TERRY is way ahead of him in the 'being chosen' order.

Is he cutting off his nose to spite his face? .............No, IMHO he wasn't booked on the plane!

On a lighter note..............He can stay in the UK and PORK Cheryl Cole :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

[quote="woody
He is NOT the first choice................unfortunately TERRY is way ahead of him in the 'being chosen' order.

Is he cutting off his nose to spite his face? .............No, IMHO he wasn't booked on the plane!

[/quote]

Going on the premise that he has played 9 times for Capello and Cole is injured in the same position, I think he would have been on the plane. He is the second best left back in the country, and if we take two players for every position he would be a cert to go.
Sack Terry I say.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Agreed i think he was nailed on to go, as definately the second left back in the country. Having said that however, i dont think Baines, Jagielka and possibly Warnock are so far behind, so not a masive loss imho. I do think Bridge is a bit of an idiot in truth! As said, representing your country should be the pinnacle of a players career, and i think he will live to regret this decision, if he sticks to it that is! I somehow suspect he will change his mind closer to the event, although i guess it would be more unlikely for Cappello to then take him!

Interestingly i heard Arsene Wenger saying on the radio that a player cannot on their own refuse to play for their national federation. If the FA so chose, they could force him to play, although this is most unlikely, and wouldn't be particularly successful imo. I dont know how this fits in with players retiring from internationals, such as Shearer and Scholes.
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

From what i've heard Stephen Warnock is favourite to replace him now :|