Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by BartonRaz »

The fact that Rolls has given out his personal email address is pretty laughable from our point of view. He can expect some applications from world renound managers like Egbert Nobacon and Jimmy Floyd Hasselhoff in the coming weeks.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

diamondal wrote:See the Plops are having a Soul Night at NP. Trying to get a bus load but,have only 14 names so far.Suggestion.....Put an R in front of the Soul Night re- advertise...should get 6 bus loads... :roll: .......Sorry ! I,ll get my coat !.
Behave Alan!

Very funny though! :lol:
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

BartonRaz wrote:The fact that Rolls has given out his personal email address is pretty laughable from our point of view. He can expect some applications from world renound managers like Egbert Nobacon and Jimmy Floyd Hasselhoff in the coming weeks.
Given your success on football manager you must be one of the candidates for the job ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
wynocki

Post by wynocki »

diamondal wrote:See the Plops are having a Soul Night at NP. Trying to get a bus load but,have only 14 names so far. Suggestion.....Put an R in front of the Soul Night re- advertise...should get 6 bus loads... :roll: .......Sorry ! I,ll get my coat !.
This is actually a factual statement.....do you remember the old coaches that used to shuttle us down to the games on a Saturday? Souls?? the owner of that business was named Robert.

Even more to the point, when i was at school we used to have these buses take us to Wollaston and the main fleet coach did actually have Robert Souls written on the back. Clearly as a pubescent teenager this got some mileage
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

is that correct that Garry Hill has been named favourite to become their new manager i hope so i really do!!!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

bozzer wrote:is that correct that Garry Hill has been named favourite to become their new manager i hope so i really do!!!!
That would be hilarious.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

bozzer wrote:is that correct that Garry Hill has been named favourite to become their new manager i hope so i really do!!!!
I posted that on the previous page..... (just as a joke)....or is it ? :lol:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote:The fact that Rolls has given out his personal email address is pretty laughable from our point of view. He can expect some applications from world renound managers like Egbert Nobacon and Jimmy Floyd Hasselhoff in the coming weeks.
So come on, who's going to sign his email up to anything thing they can think of? Bomb his inbox with crap, crap and more crap, he's probably used to it since he bailed K*ttering out!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I see they are making a big thing of the fact they are now accepting PayPal for season tickets. Let's just hope the Poppies fans are aware of the many limitations of the PayPal protection scheme for non-tangible items - and whether they might be prone to the triangular selling issues if they link a credit card to PayPal similar to those seen with the Amazon Marketplace.

Still, I'm sure there will be plenty of "PayPal experts" on Poppynet who will advise them...
TimbersDiamond

Post by TimbersDiamond »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Fair play to K*ttering, to end a season with a -50 goal difference is no mean feat. Does anyone know what the record is for the worst goal difference in the top 5 divisions?
07/08 Derby County, 1994/95 Ipswich and 1993/94 Swindon all are members of the -50 club from the Premiership. Derby was -63.

01/02 Stockport (-60) is the only Championship club in the club since 1992.

09/10 Stockport (-60) and 1992/93 Chester are only two League One clubs in the -50 club since 1992

97/98 Doncaster had a -83 in League Two! Torquay had -54 in 95/96 and Darlington had -54 in 09/10.

If -48 stands the Ploppies would only be the 9th worst in the Conference on goal differential since '92, Leigh RMI tops the chart in 04/05 with a -67. Lewes, Stafford Rangers, Droylsden, Grays, Farnborough, Northwich all representing.

The old Diamonds worst GD since 94/95 - the league two relegation season, -32. But only 4 out of 17 seasons did we have a negative.
member #261