Rothwell Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Rothwell Match Thread

Post by Sid »

STAGMAN wrote:the lad who scored had only a couple of minutes before taken the ball smack in the face but just carried on and got his goal, how they kept 11 men on the pitch i don,t know they could have had two sent off
It was just like playing K*ttering :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Great to hear about the result, looking forward to watching the highlights.....So excited to get down to some games again and start to feel like a proper supporter again

nice to see a buzz on this forum again.

I've missed this.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I only got to see the last 25minutes of normal time and ET, but Im going to stick up for Corinths. Yeah they were fairly physical, but fair play to them, they had a game plan and stuck to it. And it worked for over 100minutes. I thought they made some great tackles, firm but fair. Especially their skipper, he looked a good prospect. OK there may have been one or two that were slightly late, but it'll stand our lads in good stead for the future. Instead of moaning about them, I think we should applaud our lads for their maturity and how they (never) reacted to the tackles.

Well Done Lads :D
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
supersub

Post by supersub »

Whereas I respect your views, they were based on only the part of the match (which you saw). Us moaners saw the whole game where in the first half they were obviously not very, how shall I put it, sportsman like.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Thats a fair point, I cant comment on anything from the first half. Footballs all about gamesmanship these days, its part of the game, rightly or wrongly. Its how you deal with it and react to it. For which I think we can both agree our lads did very well.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

supersub wrote:Us moaners saw the whole game where in the first half they were obviously not very, how shall I put it, sportsman like.
I agree. In the first half a couple of those Rothwell lads could easily have seen straight red cards if that had been senior football. We both had the same view since I was standing next to you. ;)
supersub

Post by supersub »

That's a worry ;) Yes I do agree, our lads were a credit to themselves, as well as the Club, not to react. Good on 'em and bring on the final :)
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Excellent as usual dave, well done again mate
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I only got to see the last 25minutes of normal time and ET, but Im going to stick up for Corinths. Yeah they were fairly physical, but fair play to them, they had a game plan and stuck to it. And it worked for over 100minutes. I thought they made some great tackles, firm but fair. Especially their skipper, he looked a good prospect. OK there may have been one or two that were slightly late, but it'll stand our lads in good stead for the future. Instead of moaning about them, I think we should applaud our lads for their maturity and how they (never) reacted to the tackles.

Well Done Lads :D
I have to agree with TTT and I saw the whole game. Guess it's just a matter of opinion. Their captain did look good and was definitely the best player on their side on the night.