Oh Tommo....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

Re: Oh Tommo....

Post by rudolph_hucker »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote: Why did the press feel the need to print his address? Wankers
Because it's a court report, it's a contemporaneous report of proceedings, the address had to be read out in open court, is in the public domain, and so was printed.

Any court report puts the address of the defendant in it, just because he's a footballer doesn't make a difference.

I don't recall them doing that to any top name players that have appeared in court. Or is it they aren't so worried about a tinpot player compared to multi millionaire players and solicitors?

There was NO need and secretly you know it.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

He's moving house in a short while anyways. Pretty much packed up ready to move.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

oh dear :roll:
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

He can buy me a BMW :P
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

I don't recall them doing that to any top name players that have appeared in court. Or is it they aren't so worried about a tinpot player compared to multi millionaire players and solicitors?

There was NO need and secretly you know it.
I wrote an article about Nigel Reo-Coker being up in court a few months ago, in it was included his address, it went in the papers. Local papers will always include it, nationals often don't feel the need because their readers would have no idea where it was.

They have nothing to be worried about no matter who it is, anything said in court is protected by privilege.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Typical scum press. Like I said in another thread all corrupt wankers.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

rudolph_hucker wrote:Typical scum press.
He lives in the Saffron Lane area of Leicester, which has shall we say a bit of a reputation so perhaps that's why it was listed.
Anyway if the lad behaved himself in the first place then there no reason why he should have appeared in court after having a few sherbets. ;)
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Trek wrote:
He lives in the Saffron Lane area of Leicester, which has shall we say a bit of a reputation so perhaps that's why it was listed.
Anyway if the lad behaved himself in the first place then there no reason why he should have appeared in court after having a few sherbets. ;)
Its irrespective why he was there, the point is there was NO need for the scum press to publish his address. They are all dirty deceitful corrupt scum.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Trek wrote:
Its irrespective why he was there, the point is there was NO need for the scum press to publish his address. They are all dirty deceitful corrupt scum.
Bet they hack his mobile eh? Bastards ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
diamond82
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by diamond82 »

Was just about to pipe up and say that Saffron Lane is not the nicest part of Leicester but someones beat me to it. Wonder what he's still doing there?

But looking at the story it looks like nothing really happened. He's had a few beers and shot his mouth off a bit. It's not like he's beat anyone up and this probably wouldn't have been reported were it not for his profession.

Will be a bit of a wake up call for him but really its much ado about nothing. Who hasn't said things they would never dream of saying sober when they've had a night on the town?