Pre-Season games....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: Pre-Season games....

Post by BartonRaz »

AndyKirkup wrote:Chaps,

One idea that was spoken about (on a thread... somewhere) was doing an 'AFC Rushden and Diamonds On Tour' thing on saturdays this season where AFC R&D supporters go to watch a game, take an AFC flag and posisbly some leaflets (or if the host club are feeling generous collection buckets) and spread the word/generally make people aware that we are still around.

Why not strike while the iron is hot and start now with the aforementioned friendlies?
Anyone interested in this sort of thing then? I noticed that it hadn't been discussed. To be honest I highly doubt clubs will let us hold collections or hand out leaflets but an AFC R&D presence at certain games can only be a good thing.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:
AndyKirkup wrote:Chaps,

One idea that was spoken about (on a thread... somewhere) was doing an 'AFC Rushden and Diamonds On Tour' thing on saturdays this season where AFC R&D supporters go to watch a game, take an AFC flag and posisbly some leaflets (or if the host club are feeling generous collection buckets) and spread the word/generally make people aware that we are still around.

Why not strike while the iron is hot and start now with the aforementioned friendlies?
Anyone interested in this sort of thing then? I noticed that it hadn't been discussed. To be honest I highly doubt clubs will let us hold collections or hand out leaflets but an AFC R&D presence at certain games can only be a good thing.
The prospect of, say, a dozen extra customers coming through the gates might be enough to tempt some clubs to allow us to do a bucket collection.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
neneman

Post by neneman »

Maybe if this idea is organised properly, we could contact the clubs in advance, we could get a page in their match programme, explain why we are doing this, what progress we're making and what plans we have.
Lets get afcrd on the map??
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

neneman wrote:Maybe if this idea is organised properly, we could contact the clubs in advance, we could get a page in their match programme, explain why we are doing this, what progress we're making and what plans we have.
Lets get afcrd on the map??
Why would clubs like Cogenhoe, Wellingborough and Raunds want to hold a bucket collection for us? Why would they want to advertise that we're coming back next season. A year from now we'll be playing them in league games.

Allowing us to groundshare is one thing because the clubs will profit significantly from it, but advertising a new club... sorry, can't see it.

neneman

Post by neneman »

I didn't mention bucket collections or wellingborough, cogenhoe or raunds.
Yeah your right proberly a crap idea
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

neneman wrote:I didn't mention bucket collections or wellingborough, cogenhoe or raunds.
Yeah your right proberly a crap idea
Sorry, I wasn't referring to your post when I said about the bucket collections.

neneman

Post by neneman »

yeah no worries, was just thinking of getting people to notice afc rdfc for what it is. . . club run by the fans for the fans etc etc and not rdfc the monster.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

It would help a lot of the local clubs in the fact that i can see there gates increasing a lot when they play us . i would hope that in a lot of cases we should outnumber the home support. We won,t be undermining their fan base just putting more money in their coffers
Downsie53

Post by Downsie53 »

I think you should all come and watch the team i play in/manage - Ferrers FC in the Northants Combination! :D
Pre season friendlies against Rothwell Corinthians and Rushden & Higham Utd.....
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Is that you Howard ?