FC diamonds

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rdfcgazza

Re: FC diamonds

Post by rdfcgazza »

Going back to the name, i believe that its important people from the outside can recognise the difference between the original club and the pheonix. For example, people do not usually refer to afc wimbledon as just 'wimbledon', they go by the full name of 'AFC Wimbledon'.

With the name 'AFC Rushden & Diamonds', people from the outside may just continue to call us 'Rushden & Diamonds', or 'Rushden' because of the length of the full name being too long, and so similar to the original. So a short(er) name would be best (eg. AFC Rushden), or something completly different to give us a new identity (i personally like FC Diamonds of Rushden, as in 'FC United of Manchester) :D
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

davealbon wrote:
KC answered that at the forum. They were told on the Monday that the Conference wanted them to deposit £350,000 with the league's lawyers, which would cover the debt to those parties who had issued the winding up orders and outstanding football creditors. GHA and their investors were not prepared to do that which was why the deal with them fell through. On the Friday, KC and a 'friend' put up the money to the Conference board, but were then told that the Conference wanted the money unconditionally so that KC had no input as to who it went to. He was not prepared to meet those conditions and withdrew his offer.
Thanks for clarifying that, I must have got confused somewhere. I thought the deal had two options. First, the Club pay the main creditors before the weekend. Second, the Club demonstrates its belief in the Japanese investment by depositing the cash so if the investment was not forthcoming the creditors could still be paid. Perhaps the reluctance to give up control of cash reflects the level of belief in the investment ever happening?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

rdfcgazza wrote:Going back to the name, i believe that its important people from the outside can recognise the difference between the original club and the pheonix. For example, people do not usually refer to afc wimbledon as just 'wimbledon', they go by the full name of 'AFC Wimbledon'.

With the name 'AFC Rushden & Diamonds', people from the outside may just continue to call us 'Rushden & Diamonds', or 'Rushden' because of the length of the full name being too long, and so similar to the original. So a short(er) name would be best (eg. AFC Rushden), or something completly different to give us a new identity (i personally like FC Diamonds of Rushden, as in 'FC United of Manchester) :D
FC Diamonds of Rushden is even bleedin longer :lol: :lol:

I'm going to go for the one that's going to be a bigger crowd puller - "Northants County FC" . ;)
AFC R & D member number 34
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
rdfcgazza wrote:Going back to the name, i believe that its important people from the outside can recognise the difference between the original club and the pheonix. For example, people do not usually refer to afc wimbledon as just 'wimbledon', they go by the full name of 'AFC Wimbledon'.

FC Diamonds of Rushden is even bleedin longer :lol: :lol:

I'm going to go for the one that's going to be a bigger crowd puller - "Northants County FC" . ;)
Sorry, that's plastic and ripping off Notts County.

You know AFC Rushden and Diamonds makes sense. ;)
Three of Diamonds

So I'm plastic - SUE ME :lol: :lol:

I can see Northants County being a bigger crowd puller than Northampton Town in the long run ;)
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:So I'm plastic - SUE ME :lol: :lol:

I can see Northants County being a bigger crowd puller than Northampton Town in the long run ;)
Not at all, just the name you came up with! :) ;)

I stand by my belief that a phoenix club with 'Rushden' and 'Diamonds' in it's name can become a success and draw upon support in the wider community. It's about a club's relationship with it's fans and community and the connection with the team on the pitch that matters most.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

AFC Rushden and Diamonds,
AFC Rushden and Diamonds! ;)

Or something that has both 'Rushden' and 'Diamonds' in it, none of this Northants County bollocks.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

Sara Pascoe wrote:AFC Rushden and Diamonds,
AFC Rushden and Diamonds
anyone of those 3..
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
Three of Diamonds

Mad Dog wrote: I stand by my belief that a phoenix club with 'Rushden' and 'Diamonds' in it's name can become a success and draw upon support in the wider community. It's about a club's relationship with it's fans and community and the connection with the team on the pitch that matters most.
That relationship's not been at its best for a few years now as numbers have dwindled,so I expect that's part of my concern. It's not that I don't like the name ( I do, it still tugs the old heart string when I hear it), it's the perception that people might think it's "the same old thing", with the "same old problems". The last couple of home games this season I've been walking home from the match and been verbally abused in my own home town for being a R & D FC supporter! To me the "club" that we're looking to start has a chance to wipe the slate clean. We must not do this entirely out of selfish motives, we must NOT appear to be a clique. Max attracted a lot of support due to being a "giver", I'm just keen we do the same. Our brand will be our attraction in the long term I fear keeping the same name will only be short term.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it's worth debating. I'd like the new club to give us the chance to vote on a choice. Me & piggers saw this in action at AFCW 2 seasons ago, and were impressed by it.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Mad Dog wrote:I stand by my belief that a phoenix club with 'Rushden' and 'Diamonds' in it's name can become a success and draw upon support in the wider community. It's about a club's relationship with it's fans and community and the connection with the team on the pitch that matters most.
The problem being that wider community has not been supporting Rushden and Diamonds in the last few years.

The club has now been tainted with fraud and corruption it does not matter if its true or not as we all know MUD STICKS and how much you scrub youself down that Mud never seems to go away.

So to just add AFC to the name of Rushden and Diamonds will in a lot of cases not even be noticed and as TOD states many will feel its the same club run by the same people.

Just because we on this forum follow whats going on and know the reasons behind our demise many do not and if you read other reports many state we are in a financial mess caused by years of overspending by fat cat owners.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32