Radio Northampton

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Radio Northampton

Post by BartonRaz »

DiamondEejit wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any chance of us staying in the BSP premier if this proposed investment goes through?
I highly doubt it given that we missed the deadline, but it would make a mockery of the conference clubs that 'unanimously voted us out' if one week after the AGM we can guarantee to fulfill our fixtures.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BBC_Northampton_JW

Post by BBC_Northampton_JW »

So £400k
As I say, this is the information as it was presented in Court today. We don't have the financial reports in our hands and won't know the level of investment until the deal goes through - which could be the 18th, according to the Diamonds' lawyer today.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any chance of us staying in the BSP premier if this proposed investment goes through?
Seems a very reasonable question to me. As I understand it, the Conference have made their decision and that's that as far as they are concerned. The Diamonds owners are taking legal advice about whether or not to appeal against it. Speaking to BBC London, Colin Peake (communications manager with the Conference) suggested that an appeal of this type would be to the FA, who could then bring pressure to bear on the Conference to re-instate them. But things would need to move extremely fast for that to happen and there doesn't seem to be a precedent for that.

Anyway, you've all heard more than enough from me today. I'll leave you to it. Any questions, as always, don't hesitate to email me (jon.wilkinson@bbc.co.uk)/message on here/call in.

Thanks.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

DiamondEejit wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any chance of us staying in the BSP premier if this proposed investment goes through?
Doubt it, its done, can't see there being anything we can do to change it, would be pretty harsh on Southport and Thurrock as well!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Only if the Club decide to appeal the Conference Board decision and they are successful in overturning that decision.

In reply to BR, the member clubs in the conference had no option given the facts on Saturday but to endorse the Board's decision.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Thanks BR, JW, Trek :)
Olly wrote:Doubt it, its done, can't see there being anything we can do to change it, would be pretty harsh on Southport and Thurrock as well!
:| yeah, then they'd probably appeal the decision again :lol:
Last edited by DiamondEejit on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:
I highly doubt it given that we missed the deadline, but it would make a mockery of the conference clubs that 'unanimously voted us out' if one week after the AGM we can guarantee to fulfill our fixtures.
The only saving grace might be that recent history tells us the Conference enjoys making a mockery of itself! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

If we are solvent and able to play our fixtures, we should be allowed to play in the league, simple. If they kick us out because we missed a deadline, although rules are rules, in my opinion, that would be a complete farce and a disgrace to football.
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:If we are solvent and able to play our fixtures, we should be allowed to play in the league, simple. If they kick us out because we missed a deadline, although rules are rules, in my opinion, that would be a complete farce and a disgrace to football.
No it wouldn't. Rules are rules, a deadline is there to be met. Everyone knew we had to be sorted by the AGM to play in the Conference, and we weren't. Harsh as it sounds to us, a line has to be drawn somewhere.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

JamesRDFC wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:If we are solvent and able to play our fixtures, we should be allowed to play in the league, simple. If they kick us out because we missed a deadline, although rules are rules, in my opinion, that would be a complete farce and a disgrace to football.
No it wouldn't. Rules are rules, a deadline is there to be met. Everyone knew we had to be sorted by the AGM to play in the Conference, and we weren't. Harsh as it sounds to us, a line has to be drawn somewhere.
Have to agree. And OD unfortunately the main farce here really is the club rather than the conference, we hadn't met the requirements by the deadline and hadn't properly proven we could pay our creditors, the fact that we potentially had investments doesn't matter, at the end of the day we missed the deadline and can't have complaints over that. Perhaps we may have the grounds to appeal after the dubious decision to reject KC's £350k but still I'm not expecting anything from the appeal.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

JamesRDFC wrote:
Although wouldn't it make a mockery of the appeal system...? If you couldn't actually be reinstated...

But I'm not very hopeful of it being successful.
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1