Goodbye Rushden and Thanks for all the memories

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Goodbye Rushden and Thanks for all the memories

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:Wayne, from reading your blog, I think your a moron.
Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

My 'Thank-you' a few days back was a thanks for the memories...BUT someone please keep us going as i want more....this seems a little stupid, why would you switch to posh while we're still in existance...the more loyal we look as a group of supporters, the better it'll be for the Clubs chances, you never know, someone with the ability to save us could be trawling through this site right now to see if the want is there?

Stick with us, while we need you most.

If nothing develops then by all means watch posh.....but this seems very silly
neneman

Post by neneman »

You can't really call yourself a fan can you?? Jumping ship when we haven't sunk yet!! We need everyones help to bail the water out and keep this club a float. In our hour of need you have decided to bolt!!
Thanks for the support in the past just a shame you won't be loyal and hang about.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

PigmanRDFC wrote: This COULD be the start of something good, something exciting.... it may be the end, but while there is a club called Rushden and Diamonds FC I'll support it and I really don't understand how a true fan could just walk away like that, it saddens me greatly.

I agree there mate 100 per cent. It reminds me of when Jez jumped ship to Leicester when we got relegated
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I remember Jez, very opinionated on what we should or shouldn't do, next thing I knew he was following another side :roll:

At the end of the day people should do what they want, I just find such a lack of loyalty sad - I guess he'll be singing "Boro til I die" by September and kidding himself that he's a fan.

Folk will do what they have to do, but to publicise how fickle you are on the Internet like that is a tad bewildering :shock:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I just don't get how anyone can change clubs, it's just such an alien concept to me, especially once you've started following a team around the country. You don't do that unless you're a proper fan and have been afflicted with the bug!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

If R&D fail to exist and you love football, as I do, then what do you do...watch Sky Sports 1 on a Saturday afternoon..?
I'll always be there for R&D in any form, in any league, but if there is no club to support I'll definitely look for another local club to watch.
Never will it be Poppies or Cobblers but Raunds Town or Corby, (with its Diamonds connections), could be alternatives, might even wander down to the Dog and Duck.
After 15 years as a ST holder at Nene Park, and not one of those who left after Max pulled out, I will find it hard to go elsewhere but there are local clubs that are worthy of support and I will consider it but let's hope the 'Amber Knights' can rescue us and end any loyalty problems...
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I remember Jez, very opinionated on what we should or shouldn't do, next thing I knew he was following another side :roll:
He did donate to save R&D though :) (And still reads the forum)
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

what a load of bloody crap, why would you move on just like that :? ? the club needs you the most now, the more support,the better end off. :roll:
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

All I said yesterday was how sad I was that a football club I supported has now been kicked from the league I will support my next local side. I never intended to offend anybody but the backlash I got was amazing. People calling me a glory hunter, not a real fan for deserting the team, even a moron!!!!

Let me explain something. I support a football team because I like the full package. I like the players, the manager, the ambiance of the stadium, the kit, the pitch, the food, the parking. It all goes hand in hand. I won't support a football team that is just a name of a club that used to exist. I had many great memories of Rushden and I don't want to spoil them.

Okay, I have only supported Rushden since 2006 but I hope this explanation can help some of you understand where I am coming from.

In Essex, we were avid Arsenal supporters. I still am. The problem is getting tickets to the game on our member level was impossible and on the off-chance we could get tickets I would have to splash out almost £80 for me and son to go. Therefore, we decided we wanted to support a team closer to where we live that was more affordable. We chose Canvey Island in the Ryman League.

It was fun watching Canvey but they had a small fan base and stadium and to be honest it was like watching a Sunday League game. Both of us wanted the entertainment of watching a bigger team with a bigger fan base. For this reason we started following Southend Utd. This was an excellent choice as we had some great times at Roots Hall stadium. When we moved it became impossible for us to travel to Essex to see our club so we thought we would support our local club.

Not realising K*ttering had a football team we started supporting Rushden. It was not as big as Southend but they had the whole package. With the current crisis I can see Rushden turning into a team like Canvey Island.

Rushden may have many guises but I can't support a football team just because of its name. We want memories and to be entertained that is why I support a new football team. I may not be a die-hard fan but while they were a sustainable football team they had my support.I wonder how many of the Wimbledon fans started supporting MK Dons. They didn't all go and support AFC Wimbledon otherwise their attendance figures would be through the roof. Something suspicious has happened at Rushden and the board need to be held in account for this. Do I really want to support a team who have corruption at its board level. I think not.

There are many different kinds of fans. I am one that likes to share his Saturday's with my son so we can look back when we are older and think of the good times we have had. I go for the memories. On the plus side we get to see Lee Tomlin again. I know players come and go but you do have your favorites.