Season Tickets - A Poll

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

What will you do?

1. I have already renewed my season ticket and sent it to the Club prior to last Tuesday's meeting.
14%
2. I have/will send a pledge to renew via RDST in the next couple of weeks.
25%
3. I will not be buying a season ticket.
61%

Total votes: 44

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Season Tickets - A Poll

Post by Mad Dog »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:^^ No, but there was no need to give a flippant answer. If you don't want to answer, don't answer at all.
Oh so very sorry, I wasn't aware I had to run my responses past you before sending them. I apologise most (in)sincerely.
I guess the humour brigade have left the building
I didn't know you had one..

Anyway let's stop derailing this topic. My original reason for asking was to see if some of those voting no had legitimate concerns, but might buy if those concerns could be alleviated.
neneman

Post by neneman »

I can't buy a season ticket as i haven't the money upfront!!! I attend probably 75% of home games so getting a season ticket would be viable but it's just something that i can't do at this time.
It's hard as i know the club is desperate for my money and i'd love to give it to them but i'm desperate for my money aswell.
Can we pay in installments still??
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

neneman wrote: Can we pay in installments still??
Give them a ring on Tuesday evening since I would suggest if they have a pledge from you now and they have £100 up front I can't, personally, see them refusing you. Maybe they would accept three post dated cheques rather than setting up a direct debit arrangement.
neneman

Post by neneman »

I don't have a cheque book but I will ring them to see if we can work something out!! It's just come at a bad time for me, in a couple of months i'd be in a better money situation.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

neneman wrote:I can't buy a season ticket as i haven't the money upfront!!! I attend probably 75% of home games so getting a season ticket would be viable but it's just something that i can't do at this time.
It's hard as i know the club is desperate for my money and i'd love to give it to them but i'm desperate for my money aswell.
Can we pay in installments still??
neneman wrote:I don't have a cheque book but I will ring them to see if we can work something out!! It's just come at a bad time for me, in a couple of months i'd be in a better money situation.
That's completely ok mate. I'm not getting at anyone, your situation is a good example of what I mean in trying to find a solution if you're happy to buy one, but one thing or another is stopping you. Pretty much the reason why I posed the question in the first place. I agree with Trek about ringing up on Tuesday.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I've not bought one yet because festivals and holidays have taken priority this year over football so I'm poor.
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

I can't get to Nene Park from where I live in West Wales, unless I'm visiting my children in Rushden/Northampton/Uttoxeter. I have tried to time such rare visits on days where there are home games, but it isn't easy!
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Trek

Post by Trek »

I wish now that I had refined question 3 as follows:-

I am not a regular visitor to Nene Park so I won't pledge to buy a season ticket.

and an additional option:-

I am a regular visitor to Nene Park but I won't pledge to buy a season ticket.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Mad Dog wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:^^ No, but there was no need to give a flippant answer. If you don't want to answer, don't answer at all.
Oh so very sorry, I wasn't aware I had to run my responses past you before sending them. I apologise most (in)sincerely.
I guess the humour brigade have left the building
I didn't know you had one..

That says it all.

At the moment 60% are saying no to buying a season ticket. Its not looking too promising. I imagine the main reason is the lack of certainty.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Trek

Post by Trek »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

At the moment 60% are saying no to buying a season ticket. Its not looking too promising. I imagine the main reason is the lack of certainty.
I would accept that if the money was going to the Beasants, however, the Trust are seeking these 'pledges' so the money is safe so this should reassure fans.

I think the 'No' vote includes quite a few younger/Uni supporters who won't be in the area from September so maybe a tad distorted. Of course, there may be many, who don't post on this forum who intend to 'pledge'.