Simmo Scores Again

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CalversonDiamond

Re: Simmo Scores Again

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Grea to see him get the Promotion goal and wish him all the best for next season .. Today Rushden can be proud aswell as under our guidance he's become a great player and will hopefully back a few goals in the prem next season :D :D
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

That's absolutely incredible, from the Conference to the Premiership in just over 3 years. Hard to imagine a player that played with us that recently will be coming up against Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc next season, will be very interesting to see how he does!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Simeon goals have been vital in the Canaries run in, after he had struggled to get a regular starting spot a few months back. He has now scored 9 goals in the last 7 games which is a terrific strike rate. Well done the lad!
Rankine's Nose

Post by Rankine's Nose »

There are rumours that Gillingham could be owed between £300,000 and £400,000 from transfer clauses thanks to Jacko's performences this season with Norwich (goals scored / promotion). Mad Dog stated in an earlier thread that we are still entitled to some of the benefits of these clauses, so should be seeing a little bit of bonus money come our way.

Well done Simeon, another step forward in a prolific career. His progress after leaving us really has been great. I do think that the Prem might be a step too far at this point, and that he could have done with another season in the Championship to ready himself, but a fantastic achievement nonetheless. I hope he remembers who started him on his way!
AFC R&D - Member 382
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I could have completely made this up, but i'm sure i heard/read that we would get 4% of anything owed to Gillingham.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

BartonRaz wrote:I could have completely made this up, but i'm sure i heard/read that we would get 4% of anything owed to Gillingham.
If Gillingham have a 20% sell on and Norwich sold him, we'd get 20% of the sell on (20% of 20% = 4% of the total transfer fee)

Other clauses such as a promotion clause would be part of the profit they make on him from the original sale, which we're also entitled to 20% of.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90