Tuesday....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Tuesday....

Post by Pigman »

.....'s match will be attended by less than 800 I fear !! Barca vs Gooners on the telly (Sky), I reckon we'll get half a dozen from FGR and less than 800 home fans :(
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
MEMAN53

Re: Tuesday....

Post by MEMAN53 »

Forget watching those teams who have money to burn and support the team that needs your cash the most and support your local community.

I would like to know what Arsenal or Barcelona have donated to our local community!!!!!!!
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I agree with you totally, but the fair-weather brigade won't be at NP with us will they, thats why last Tuesday's match was so poorly attended - Chelsea vs Man U last week, Barca vs Arsenal this week :( !!

I don't know what the club can do about this other than try to change the night we play so we don't have to compete with this kind of thing. Its a sad reality of life, but tomorrow's attendance will be hammered by this.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Because the Premier clubs, EUFA and TV companies are all so short of cash they now spread the Chumpions League matches over three weeks so every game can be televised.

These clubs and Michelle Pratini dont give a damn about anything lower than the Premier League.

It is not just non league that suffers but The Football League clubs also as there is a full programme of games on tomorrow night. There just is not a free night now, we even have the pathetic Europa League on Thursday evenings

The only redeeming factor is that at least Spurs are on Wednesday on proper TV.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Oh bugger I'm going to miss Barcenal. :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SL12

Post by SL12 »

I must admit i like watching Barcelona, but i will be at Nene park tomorrow to watch my local team who need the support.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

If I'm there I'll be as shocked as the next man. It won't be ebcause I watch other teams, it'll be because my boss is a prize xxxx and will make sure I'm as far away as possible.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

We won't be there tomorrow night :( Rather stupidly, I committed to something at work weeks ago and I can't back out of it now - just as well really as I don't have the money spare right now (but that's another story ;) )

I'm pretty sure that since we won't be there, we'll be missing a stunning performance and lots of goals 8-)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

I'll be honest, I'm not one of these fans that has a huge ego and brags about how great a fan they are.

I will be watching Barca vs Arsenal tomorrow night after being overcharged £10 in a week, so cannot afford to come tomorrow, although I'll be honest although I would come to Diamonds if possible, I think I'd rather watch Arsenal Barca for entertainment :lol:

Just a shame the local takeaway don't do Diamond Burgers.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

No big ego at work OD2, far from it I assure you, I'm just sad that that we can't seem to compete with the TV matches these days.