This season's attendances !!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: This season's attendances !!

Post by Pigman »

We most certainly do Stagman, someone who could draw up an innovative Marketing Plan, but I'm not sure they'd like some of the things he'd suggest !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

PigmanRDFC wrote:We most certainly do Stagman, someone who could draw up an innovative Marketing Plan, but I'm not sure they'd like some of the things he'd suggest !!
i was trying to remember when we enlisted a top marketing firm who were to be paid on a "results basis" - and who then quietly disappeared. We also engaged a Marketing Director at one point too - and he also quietly disappeared. Perhaps that suggests it's not as easy to do as it is to say - especially when you consider KC's "day job".
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Who knows, but what we're doing sure as hell isn't working is it, we can't even keep the fans we've got, let alone attract new ones??
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Formic wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:We most certainly do Stagman, someone who could draw up an innovative Marketing Plan, but I'm not sure they'd like some of the things he'd suggest !!
i was trying to remember when we enlisted a top marketing firm who were to be paid on a "results basis" - and who then quietly disappeared. We also engaged a Marketing Director at one point too - and he also quietly disappeared. Perhaps that suggests it's not as easy to do as it is to say - especially when you consider KC's "day job".
Yes, I remember that marketing one but can't recall the name - wasn't it based locally like Earls Barton? Of course we wouldn't have to employ a top firm, just one (or more) people on a commission only basis. Perhaps someone a bit younger and eager to impress? I've read through those links you posted Formic and they all seem to indicate people coming to us, surely we should be going to them as well? (perhaps we do, but don't publicise it?)
I've always liked the 50/50 scheme, so long as we're prompt in repaying their portion it's good for the club. The re-introduction of the sponsor-a-goal at this time seems a bit like after the horse has bolted, but worth a go.
AFC R & D member number 34