Team to play York

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Team to play York

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Right-back being the obvious problem;-

........................Roberts

Porter.........Osano..........Stuart.........Robinson

Johnson.......Power..........Spence..........Green

................Charles.........Howe

subs;- Day, Day, Keehan, Koranteng, Simmonds

A bit low on numbers for this one, but it's still winnable so I'm going foa 2 -v- 0 win with goals from Howe and Charles.
Attendance 2085 with 116 from Rushden
AFC R & D member number 34
Steve

Re: Team to play York

Post by Steve »

That was my initial thoughts, but then this crossed my mind:

Dale
Porter, Osano, Stuart, Robinson
Green, Spence/Johnson, Power, Day
Howe, Charles

Porter is the obvious choice at Rb, although if we had another centre back I'd push Curtis out there. I think Porter will be missed in the middle.

I put Jamie Day in there because, and I'm going mainly on his reputation, I feel like it's foolish to keep leaving him out. Green played on the right wing for a bit v Grimsby, including one assist, and tbh I think he could play in goal and still make chances :)

The other CM spot is a tough one for me, I like Johnson, but I thought he was a little find out on Monday, and I think perhaps a game off would benefit him. This is another reason why I feel the time is right to bring Day in. Spence has not done much to impress me since arriving, but I did think he made a decent impact v K*ttering. So I would probably say he deserves another go in CM.

And as for up top, we haven't got much choice. Although I think they have got a nice little partnership going already.