RDFC (3) CREWE (2)

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

RDFC (3) CREWE (2)

Post by Biggles »

Apparantly we played yesterday, although i thought we had hardly any fit players to put out a reserve team, so who played and who scored :?:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
rdfcbrownie-az-o-c

Re: RDFC (3) CREWE (2)

Post by rdfcbrownie-az-o-c »

yes :D . i caught about 20 mins of this game whilst getting my k*ttering ticket. and also saw a very good joe keehan tread through to donovan simmonds where he finished brilliantly :)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

JE mentions the game in his interview prior to the Grimsby game - on the OWS via the Diamonds Player. Things seem to be going from bad to worse on the injury front.
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

I've noticed that JE sometimes paints a blacker picture than is actually the case. Players who have little chance of even making the bench miraculously end up playing ;) .
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Turveyman wrote:I've noticed that JE sometimes paints a blacker picture than is actually the case. Players who have little chance of even making the bench miraculously end up playing ;) .
I can see why you'd say that - the Huke injury being the obvious one - we've also suffered from injuries taking a lot longer than it was original thought they'd need to be sorted - e.g. Aaron O'Connor and Sam Smith (and Jamie Day to some extent).
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Biggles wrote:Apparantly we played yesterday, although i thought we had hardly any fit players to put out a reserve team, so who played and who scored :?:
It was a good workout for some of those players who haven’t had much time playing time of late. For the record:

Diamonds took the lead on 16mins when Lewwis Spence fired in from the edge of the area with the outside of his boot. Danny Shelley equalised for Crewe on 23mins with a deflected shot past Joe Day.

Lewwis Spence put Diamonds ahead again on 40mins with another powerful shot, but two minutes later, Byron Moore got Crewe’s second when his fierce drive from outside the area seemed to evade Joe Day.

On 50mins, Donovan Simmonds got the winner after he converted a through ball from Joe Keehan from 15yds. Spence came close to a hat-trick on a number of occasions, but was denied first by the post, then by a couple of great saves from the Crewe keeper.

Amongst the starting line up were Joe Day, Aynsley McDonald, Jamie Day, Joe Keehan, Justin Miller, Max York, Nathan Koranteng, Donovan Simmonds, Lewwis Spence, plus a couple of trialists. Second year scholars George Artemi, Elliot Dent, Callum Earls and Liam Read came on at various points in the second half.

Crewe report here: http://www.crewealex.net/page/NewsDetai ... 31,00.html
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Anybody know the identity of the two trialists or the positions they played in?
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

The Report is now on the OWS
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.