Contact the directors about the ticket prices

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Contact the directors about the ticket prices

Post by oliv272 »

I'm very concerned after peoples comments on the terrible games yesturday that attendance to the games on average this year will be 3 figures by home fans. When they put the prices up we weren't exactly pleased and then we lose tomlin and replace him with someone who doesn't look as good .diAmonds have no shirt sponsor so the income comes from attendance now. I seriously think they will get less money from attendance this season because despite a price increase less people will come generating less money then last season and if the club profits get any lower we will never return to league two.

If people haven't already some one needs to contact the board of directors with a petition like letter with peoples names that agree the price should have not be raised by so much and that many people will no longer go to games. I would but I'm no good at this stuff and am only 15 ( so yes my tickets are still a good price).
FuriousHoon / Ollie
jimbobjaw

Re: Contact the directors about the ticket prices

Post by jimbobjaw »

oliv272 wrote:I'm very concerned after peoples comments on the terrible games yesturday that attendance to the games on average this year will be 3 figures by home fans. When they put the prices up we weren't exactly pleased and then we lose tomlin and replace him with someone who doesn't look as good .diAmonds have no shirt sponsor so the income comes from attendance now. I seriously think they will get less money from attendance this season because despite a price increase less people will come generating less money then last season and if the club profits get any lower we will never return to league two.

If people haven't already some one needs to contact the board of directors with a petition like letter with peoples names that agree the price should have not be raised by so much and that many people will no longer go to games. I would but I'm no good at this stuff and am only 15 ( so yes my tickets are still a good price).
I'm pretty sure Keith will have considered the implications of both increasing and decreasing the ticket prices, and he clearly feels that the price increase is the best way to maximise revenue for the football club.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

How about joining the Trust people, for fooks sake it's only £15, then the ticket price comes down??
The club have actually given us fans a way out from the Conference's stupid pricing policy. Joining the Trust makes you part of the club, and part of it's future.

We can only get better from today, and as people said lots of new faces, key personnel out injured, a point is a decent result.

Will be funny when we smash Bath and Barrow - would stick it up the doubters wouldn't it? :D
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

We've been down this road. If we should petition anyone, it should be the Conference board.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mad Dog wrote:We've been down this road. If we should petition anyone, it should be the Conference board.
Is it a decision of the Conference's Board though? I guess Helen Thompson should know since she is a Conference Board member.

Matt Wild advised me last week that the Club had made their points in writing to Dennis Strudwick, the Conference General Manager, about this 'directive' and this includes a statement from the Club's safety officer stating that it is impossible to offer away fans standing accommodation. Furthermore, the FA won't intervene at present.

The person that should be bombarded with our complaints over this unfair directive is Mr. Strudwick (Tel: 0121 214 1950).
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:We've been down this road. If we should petition anyone, it should be the Conference board.
Is it a decision of the Conference's Board though? I guess Helen Thompson should know since she is a Conference Board member.

Matt Wild advised me last week that the Club had made their points in writing to Dennis Strudwick, the Conference General Manager, about this 'directive' and this includes a statement from the Club's safety officer stating that it is impossible to offer away fans standing accommodation. Furthermore, the FA won't intervene at present.

The person that should be bombarded with our complaints over this unfair directive is Mr. Strudwick (Tel: 0121 214 1950).
Ok, just remove 'board' from the end of my sentence. Either way, petitioning the club would be pointless since they didn't issue the directive.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I agree, the club can/will do nothing.

Personally I will be contacting Trading Standards shortly, it'll be interesting to see what they have to say.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51