Fleetwood Town Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Fleetwood Town Match Thread

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Jemfy wrote:I didn't think Spence was poor at all really, not amazing, but no complaints about his performance personally. Johnson did no better coming on and playing the same role. I also thought Spence's set piece taking was much better than Farrells.

Miller has missed most of pre-season and should be given more leeway than other players. Corcoran filled in well at left back all things considered, and the attacking side of his game has come on a long way.

We lacked shape as a whole in the midfield though, and this was evident as we dragged the game to the right hand side of the pitch more than the let in the first half, and then the right more than the left in the second. In fact it tended to be the side Rene Howe was on, so the players had probably clocked about Simmonds early on!

After Charles came on, apart from adding energy to the game, Howe was compeltely different, it was like he finally understood his role, and that gave him confidence, and he was influencial in the play in getting a spell of pressure at the end which resulted in the goal. These two must both play the next game if fit IMO.
Agree 100% We looked a lot better when Charles came on, should start on Tuesday, with Simmonds dropping to the bench.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
KGB

Post by KGB »

I agree diamondgeezer1 old chum,Charles seem to add something to the team when he came on, top bananna I say.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

KGB wrote:I agree diamondgeezer1 old chum,Charles seem to add something to the team when he came on, top bananna I say.
Charles was pretty good today. Wonder why he didn't get much action at Luton??

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
KGB

Post by KGB »

Who knows old bean,who knows

OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

KGB wrote:Who knows old bean,who knows

Ban this chap ;)
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

StuartRDFC wrote:
KGB wrote:I agree diamondgeezer1 old chum,Charles seem to add something to the team when he came on, top bananna I say.
Charles was pretty good today. Wonder why he didn't get much action at Luton??

Stuart

He had several injuries, that and the need for instant success last season added to his age, he is only 20. They signed that Newton from Brentford who is/was meant to be very good. I heard some positive things about him from Luton fans, saying he should do well if he stays fit.
KGB

Post by KGB »

OsanoIsKing wrote:
KGB wrote:Who knows old bean,who knows

Ban this chap ;)
no need for that tubsy,old chum