Fundraising Idea

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Fundraising Idea

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

I remember several years ago the England under 16's playing at Nene Park. I don't know why they don't do it anymore. Im guessing that RDFC recieved money from the FA for useage of the stadium.

So, the FA are fond of the stadium, so why don't the lesser England teams (U16's 18's etc England's women, England C's etc) play there anymore?

If sombody could persuade the FA to allow the leser England teams to play at Nene Park once more i'm sure there is alot of money to be made from renting out the stadium. Also there is potentially more money when you bare in mind RDFC would also recieve a share of the ticket sales and of course moeney from Burgers and drinks etc.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: Fundraising Idea

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

HiHoRushden&Diamonds wrote:I remember several years ago the England under 16's playing at Nene Park. I don't know why they don't do it anymore. Im guessing that RDFC recieved money from the FA for useage of the stadium.

So, the FA are fond of the stadium, so why don't the lesser England teams (U16's 18's etc England's women, England C's etc) play there anymore?

If sombody could persuade the FA to allow the leser England teams to play at Nene Park once more i'm sure there is alot of money to be made from renting out the stadium. Also there is potentially more money when you bare in mind RDFC would also recieve a share of the ticket sales and of course moeney from Burgers and drinks etc.
Good idea, I think they came when we were a Football League club though?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
Good idea, I think they came when we were a Football League club though?
But since then MK Dons have built their new stadium which now seems to be favoured.
KGB

Post by KGB »

No,we definatly had some in the year we won the conference,and I think we have had some sort of England youth or womens game since we got relegated. Good idea none the less,comrade.

The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

England Schoolboys played Portugal at Nene Park two years ago, and we also had the England Women's U18s (I think) not that many years ago, I'm sure since we've been back in the Conference. I guess there are probably dozens of clubs who want these games, and I assume the FA do their best to accomodate them all.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

At least we are one of the most central clubs in England, which should help us