Shirt sponsor

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CountHermanDeBanker

Re: Shirt sponsor

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Mad Dog wrote:Could you ask them to persuade the company to sponsor us and to contact the club?

Surely better to have a RDFC representative contact OD's friend - certainly more professional imho - why would the sponser chase the club?? (particularly at our level!)

Hope it works out though :D
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
Surely better to have a RDFC representative contact OD's friend -
This information should be passed to Rachel Roberts at the Club who I'm sure would follow up.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Mad Dog wrote:Could you ask them to persuade the company to sponsor us and to contact the club?
Surely better to have a RDFC representative contact OD's friend - certainly more professional imho - why would the sponser chase the club?? (particularly at our level!)

It would, I agree. Wouldn't hurt to ask though to find out if they would be interested.
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Mad Dog wrote:

It would, I agree. Wouldn't hurt to ask though to find out if they would be interested.
Indeed.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Yeah, definitely, he's not high up Unilever to make those decisions but no harm in trying. To be honest, as a club, we should ask companies, and not wait for them to come to us as thats not going to happen!
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Yeah, definitely, he's not high up Unilever to make those decisions but no harm in trying. To be honest, as a club, we should ask companies, and not wait for them to come to us as thats not going to happen!
How do you know we don't ?
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:.... and not wait for them to come to us as thats not going to happen!
Speaking to Rachel the other day I got the impression we are as pro-active as time allows. Perhaps you, with time on your hands during the school holidays, would like to offer the Club your services to do a bit of ringing around? ;)
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Trek wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:.... and not wait for them to come to us as thats not going to happen!
Speaking to Rachel the other day I got the impression we are as pro-active as time allows. Perhaps you, with time on your hands during the school holidays, would like to offer the Club your services to do a bit of ringing around? ;)
Ah that's good! I only have 3 weeks left, and would a company really take a 17 year old seriously? :lol:
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
Trek wrote:
Ah that's good! I only have 3 weeks left, and would a company really take a 17 year old seriously? :lol:
3 weeks would still be a good amount of time to get involved. I'd give the club a ring if I were you, you've got nothing to lose asking. Plus if you do get to do something at the club, it'll be good on your CV as well.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Speaking to Rachel the other day I got the impression we are as pro-active as time allows. Perhaps you, with time on your hands during the school holidays, would like to offer the Club your services to do a bit of ringing around? ;)[/quote]

Ah that's good! I only have 3 weeks left, and would a company really take a 17 year old seriously? :lol:[/quote]

3 weeks would still be a good amount of time to get involved. I'd give the club a ring if I were you, you've got nothing to lose asking. Plus if you do get to do something at the club, it'll be good on your CV as well.[/quote]

OD#2, you should do it for the good of the club ;)