Should away fans be charged Terrace prices

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Should away fans be charged Terrace prices even if allocated in the South Stand for some matches?

Yes and I stand at NP
46%
No and I stand at NP
30%
Yes and I sit at NP
11%
No and I sit at NP
14%

Total votes: 37

therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Should away fans be charged Terrace prices

Post by therushden »

away fans usually stand up anyway ;)
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I actually think the club have done the right thing. It is not practical for us to offer standing for away supporters, so it makes sense to make the whole ground one "price bracket", and then allow home fans who want to stand get around it with Trust membership.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

jimbobjaw wrote:........ so it makes sense to make the whole ground one "price bracket", and then allow home fans who want to stand get around it with Trust membership.
You are right but a criticism of the Club that I have is that they have been very slow to advise the fans of the new De Banke pricing bearing in mind that FGR were clearly told some time ago by the Conference of the parity of pricing regulation since it has been explained and discussed at one of their fan's forum according to a post I read. If the Club were only advised about a week or so ago then the Club, I feel, could go back to the Conference and say sorry but we have already advised our season ticket prices to our fans and can't implement this until season 2011-12.

I also am surprised at the attitude of some of fans who refuse to pay the small sum of £10/15, as the case may be, for Trust membership just to get around this problem. I guess many were previously a Trust member when the Trust was formed and have allowed their membership to lapse when KC took the helm.

There may be a few casual fans who only take in the odd game or so who would normally stand, however given that to sit will cost £17, clearly the Club have probably gambled that they will still come and sit or stand as they fancy.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm one of those who refuses to pay the Trust membership, that should be a choice thing, not something I'm forced to do to benefit from a discount on my matchday entrance !!

I'm really angry about this and will challenge it if I can. I have asked for the wording of the directive to be made public so I can show it to some people I know at the Citizens Advice Bureau and at Trading Standards - I believe the Conference are trying to force something that may be illegal !! How can you force a businesss to charge it's customers the same for an inferior product??

Like I've said elsewhere, I have no axe to grind with the club, but I want to see the wording of this directive so I can seek some advice about its legality. The way it stands, I'm being priced out of the game by a body that is supposed to be promoting the game to the masses !!!

My love affair with football generally is fast running out !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek

Post by Trek »

PigmanRDFC wrote: How can you force a business to charge it's customers the same for an inferior product??
In a word they can't. End of.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Out of interest Pigman, what they said so far at the CAB?
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Nothing yet as I haven't asked them, I'm waiting to see exactly what the directive actually says, if anyone will ever tell me.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Just checked the Conference website and there's a phone number: 0121 214 1950.

I'm sure if you carry on ringing they'll get so pissed off that they send you a copy. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I voted NO and I stand in the terrace. I have also emailed the Conference to ask for a full copy of their rules regarding pricing policies. I should think with all these requests/ complaints they might suss something is not quite right :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek

Post by Trek »

I've also emailed the Conference asking to be sent a copy of their directive.