2010/11 entrance fees

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: 2010/11 entrance fees

Post by Mad Dog »

Formic put it better than I could. On top of that I'll post what I was going to say about the idea of dropping the price to £15.

The Conference wouldn't object to us lower prices if we offered parity to away fans, but Everyweeker has just cited the reason why a uniform reduction would not work.

A reduction to £15 as a saving, would not be by much. At £15 a ticket that would see the cost being £345 for the season if you went to all 23 games and paid match by match. But a seated season ticket only makes a saving of £20, only one game better off if they had chosen to pay on the gate, not making the seated season ticket that much value for money.

Where would you expect to see the directive mentioned 2oD? The Conference most likely issue lots of directives each year which we don't hear about because they have no overall bearing to the matchday fans. Since we're the only ones hit (I believe Forest Green may have a way to offer standing to away now, so are ok), we're the only ones who are bringing this to the light of day. I don't see what you will lose by emailing the Conference.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I've been looking at the numbers as 2oD requested, and they've made me realise even more the position the club were in, regardless of any Conference edict.

We had 11338 away fans last season - if we include all 23 games (i.e. including Oxford Playoff (2333). A sensible budget would not include a playoff game, and has to allow for the big loss of the Stevenage and Oxford regular season games (1772 away fans for those two games) - even adding back in the 6 new teams to replace the 5 departed ones, that would give us a projected loss of £60k in away fan gate revenue at last season's prices - before we even consider the possibility of reducing prices for away fans !

(obviously I'm not including allowances for parking / taxes / additional sales etc).
Formic

Post by Formic »

Here are some numbers. Unfortunately I think they might confuse more than clarify as some people are looking at £13 and some at £14 as the critical price for standing. These assume £13. They might be incorrect, as it's pretty complex to work out - even with such simplified factors included.

Away Fan Total (2009/10 - 22 Games (no playoff)) 9005
Projected Away Fan total for 2010/11 - 23 Games 7733
Last Season Away Fan Revenue at £16 £144,080.00
Next Season Away Fan Revenue at £17 £131,461.00
Next Season Away Fan Revenue at £14 £108,262.00
Away Fan Revenue if Charged £13 £100,529.00
Possible lost revenue charging £13 £43,551.00
Extra Home Terrace Fans Needed at £13 per game to compensate 146 (per game)

The numbers would be "worse" if the playoff away fan totals were taken into account.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Don't the above figures need revising for the 17.5% VAT included due to HMRC, which will increase to 20% from 1.1.11?
Last edited by Trek on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Yes, those figures will take some time to work through and understand but thanks for doing it Formic. What I DO understand straight away is that casual fans (both home and away) might stay away at these highest ever NP prices, particularly home fans who used to go in the terrace.

100 home fans less at £17 per game over 23 home games = - £39100.
100 home fans at £14 per game over 23 home games = £32200

No one can come up with the exact figures until it happens, but there are fans who will never be back even for the odd BIG games at those prices. Local people whom I've spent many happy hours with at the Diamonds, and people who have supported this club through thick and thin for over a decade, but now will be priced out of coming. Money shouldn't be the complete heartbeat of a club, cos once it's gone it dies. For others, that line has been reached which they will not cross and I'll miss them. For me I feel like I've been backed onto my line, and I don't like the feel of it. If the trust will have me, I'll join and bring a friend, otherwise I cannot afford to attend (and I don't have the ready cash for a season ticket).
All I want to see is the rules regarding the "new" directive, that's all, to see if the club can find a way around this potentially damaging price rise for the DeBankers.

That's it, I'm done with this now. I've had my say and that's where I stand or fall.
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:Don't the above figures need revising for the 17.5% VAT included due to HMRC, which will increase to 20% from 1.1.11?
see my post at 8:46pm last night :shock:

At least the VAT change doesn't affect existing season tickets bought before that date.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I've only just caught up with this thread again since Friday.

In response to Trek's request, my view as a North Stand Season Ticket holder is that I wouldn't have a problem with away fans Airwair prices being reduced in line with the £14 De Banke price, given that the issue has been forced upon the Club.
However, one implication of this could be problems of home fans getting into the Airwair to take advantage of the lower prices, thus creating potential security and safety issues, which could lead to the Club getting into trouble with the authorities (Police, etc.).

On the wider issue, as I have already stated, I feel that £17 to stand is too high and will seriously impact not only on casual support, but also on our core support, in terms of attendances.

Formic's analysis of potential financial implications highlights the difficulty that the Club has faced in making the decision that it has - the big unknown is the shortfall on attendances that would be caused by the price increase alone.

Last year attandances were up on the back of the successful season we had, but they weren't up by as much as might have been expected given the success on the field. My big concern is that if we don't at least emulate that success this season we will see a sizeable fall in attendances which will be compounded by the price increase.

I'm not a fan of multi-tier pricing for different games but maybe that is an option that should be considered. For those games that will attract a large away following increase Airwair/De Banke prices to £17 but retain £14 for the "lesser" games. This would have a less significant impact on away revenues and would mitigate home fans in part at least.

I think this issue may have some way to run yet!
Trek

Post by Trek »

rushdenman wrote: I think this issue may have some way to run yet!
I have spoken to Matt Wild this morning and said that the Club should challenge this edict from the Conference. Matt said the Club have complained to the FA about this matter.
I also made the point that, in my opinion, the Conference can only enforce such amendments if the matter has been discussed and voted on at an AGM.
Matt asked me to contact him later in the week for an update and I expressed my concern that, if we accept this ruling, then it could cost the Club a lot of support and money.

If I was the Club I would tell the Conference to stick the edict where the sun doesn't shine!

Let's hope the matter can be resolved shortly and our fans on the terrace don't pay anymore than £14 to stand. ;)
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

well been looking a other conference clubs ie the scum being one and there is no directive or price increases on there forum or main site ??? both me and my son come but the misses has been made redundant recently and to honest we where struggling before getting to every game , like some has said i dont like the fact that you are made to feel obliged to have to sign up to the club membership i come every week, i have the tattoo , surely there must be happy medium that could suite club and surpporters before we lose any more real fans!

scum site info on luton tickets
Tickets for Luton game have now arrived and will go on sale immediately as well as the continued sale of season tickets.

Due to this being a policed game prices are as follows:

Adult & Concession £12
Children £2

The Luton fixture last year proved to be one of the higher attendances of the season, and with ticket prices at a much reduced rate crowd numbers are expected to rise
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
Trek

Post by Trek »

arealdiamondgeezer wrote:well been looking a other conference clubs ie the scum being one and there is no directive or price increases on there forum or main site ???
The parity of pricing edict from the Conference only affects us and FGR because we are the only two clubs that cannot offer terracing for away fans.

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that we should ignore this edict and see if the Conference has the b***s to take it further.
Matt did add that it has apparently come about through a couple of clubs who have made a complaint that out terracing prices are lower than the seating price offered to away fans. My response would be that they are not comparing like with like since away fans are being given a seat. :evil:

Our Club really need to make a stand with the Conference over this matter.