Should away fans be charged Terrace prices

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Should away fans be charged Terrace prices even if allocated in the South Stand for some matches?

Yes and I stand at NP
46%
No and I stand at NP
30%
Yes and I sit at NP
11%
No and I sit at NP
14%

Total votes: 37

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Should away fans be charged Terrace prices

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek came up with the idea, so I've put a poll up to see what opinion is, especially those who sit at games. This would allow terracing to be at a lower price.

Basically:

Adults £14
Concessions £9
U16 £6
U8 FREE
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Should away fans be charged Terrace prices

Post by Trek »

I would say, my suggestion was for away fans to be in the Airwair.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek wrote:I would say, my suggestion was for away fans to be in the Airwair.
Sorry mate, I added that bit since it could be that that has stopped the club considering this. I thought there was no harm putting it to poll.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I said no, because I don't feel they should get preferencial treatment, they should pay the same price as a home fan for a seat, but home fans should not be made to pay the same price to stand - simple !

If I go to the theatre I pay a premium to have a good seat, I always go for the best seat and pay top dollar for a good seat in the stalls. Now, if I paid for stall seat, but was asked to sit in the dress circle I'd be a tad unhappy, I'd also be unhappy if they said I could only have dress circle prices if I joined their club.............for which there is a fee !!!

Sorry, Nene Park is a modern stadium and we offer away fans excellent facilities, they should pay for them, the same as home fans do. The fact we can't offer them standing is not our fault !!

The issue is why home fans who stand behind the goal should be charged the same as fans who sit along the touchline, these are in most stadiums considered the premium seats !!

I have emailed the BSP to ask for some clarification on their directive..............I wonder if I'll get an answer :roll:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I have emailed the BSP to ask for some clarification on their directive..............I wonder if I'll get an answer :roll:
I Wouldn't Wait up ;)
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

So what if we charge say £14 to either sit in the airwair for home fans as well,just put the usual segregation down with some stewards,as we wont have many away fans on many occasions,we can also give them a sing song.
Some people may have to moveto other areas of the ground if the debanke barriers do not pass a saftey test.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

ferrers wrote:Some people may have to move to other areas of the ground if the De Banke barriers don't pass a safety test.
Has there been any announcement on this? I assume they will pass a safety test but imagine the complications if they didn't and the PDB had to move to the Airwair!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

No not at all but i am thinking if we had a large crowd and the current areas were still cordoned off as they are at the moment,it could be a problem.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I think they should, and i sit at Nene Park. I don't understand the point about season ticket holders being angry if everything was dropped to 14 quid. I'm certain that 99% of season ticket holders are loyal supporters, that would rather see whats best for the club (i.e 14 quid a ticket and more people at the games) than hearing echoes when i speak.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

We've had 8 seated match going fans and 19 terrace fans. Come on, there's got to be some more of you with seats lurking out there! ;)

Whatever you opinion on this is, please vote so that your say is heard in at least a minor way.