2010/11 entrance fees

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: 2010/11 entrance fees

Post by Trek »

Sara Pascoe wrote:If we're in such a bad financial position to have to need to raise the prices to £17 rather than £14 then why aren't we selling Tomlin for £150k? I don't want to start a massive argument I just want to make the point.
But the price of a seat was only raised a £1 to £17. Are you suggesting he should have reduced all seating prices to £14? Don't cite what's happening at the Rockinhorse because their gamble on reducing all prices to £10 could have serious financial implications and, I feel, is Ladak's knee jerk reaction to getting his pricing seriously wrong last season resulting in low attendances.

I would also suggest that any money the Club may have made from Jackson move to the Canaries is only going to partly alleviate what is obviously a poor cash flow situation and may have been used to pay outstanding creditors.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm saying that because of the directive then yes, maybe he should've put seating down to £15 or so just so that the terrace could be £15 as well. I won't cite the K*ttering situation but it does make me wonder, surely we're going to have the same knee jerk reaction next summer when our attendances are inevitably low (barring a massive stab at the title)?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I know the Conference is a shambolic league but I give them more credit than to just thrust a directive onto the clubs a month before the start of the season. I doubt we'll find out though, however I still think that the price could've been set at £15 without any problems with ST holders getting angry.
Well I emailed them last night, so we'll see if they respond. I think you do give them far too much credit.

Does anyone on here (including anyone who lurks) have a season ticket in either the North or South Stand, or knows people who do? If so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this, especially if prices were lowered to £15 or away fans in the AirWair were to get in for £14 as Trek put forth.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mad Dog wrote: Does anyone on here (including anyone who lurks) have a season ticket in either the North or South Stand, or knows people who do? If so it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this, especially if prices were lowered to £15 or away fans in the AirWair were to get in for £14 as Trek put forth.
Rushdenman has a North Stand season ticket and has already posted on this thread so I would be keen to hear his views.

The more I think about it my suggestion regarding Air Wair pricing makes sense. We could open the Air Wair bar, sell alcohol as in the old days and charge them a bit more a pint in line with alcohol prices at grounds such as Leicester and Coventry ;)
ID

Post by ID »

At least we've finally got a bit of drama on here, it was getting a bit boring ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm not having a go at the club either, they'll always do what they think is right for the club and I have the utmost respect for KC and the management team, it must have been a hard decision for them to make. I'm just saying its a tad too far for me personally. I could pay the £15 for membership and I accept its my choice that I won't do that.........I'm seriously not having a dig at the club.

As has already been mentioned, I'd probably only get to see 1-3 games until October anyway due to other commitments, but I would have tried to get to as many as possible after that, this just means I now won't be doing that. I do think its important that the club are aware that many people (dedicated fans who have followed the club home and away for a very long time) may be thinking like me though, this could seriously hurt them and if it is a dictate from the Conference, they should be asking some serious questions of the Conference Board in these hard financial times.

NP always charged away fans the same as home fans for like for like tickets, this just penalises us for having a modern stadium. The fact we can't offer standing room safely for away fans isn't our fault and I begrudge paying the same price to stand behind the goal as someone sitting along the touchline, its plainly not fair and needs to be questioned - if we're not doing that and are just blindly following a Conference "order" then the club ARE culpable and guilty of profiteering on the back of a stupid rule..................but I'm presuming that isn't the case.

The scum have decided to drop their prices this year and that may well work out for them with Diamonds upping theirs so much, the casual fan will look at their wallet and decide who they'll watch if they fancy a game, I guess it'll all be down to the start each side gets, Diamonds could be saved if they get out of the traps fast and are in the leading pack from the off, and the scum struggle - KC must be praying for that scenario.

I guess time will tell, but at £17 to stand on a terrace I think that is too rich for Conference football and will be voting with my feet. I won't go to watch any other football side, but Bedford Blues may well see me a few times this season and I'll pop over to NP for a few key games, hopefully the club's coffers will be able to withstand the number of fans who think as I do? I do hope so !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

You know what, it just occured to me about the AirWair pricing. We don't always put away fans in the AirWair so we would have to charge them no more than £14 for that bit in the South Stand.

That said, we could get away this if we did what we did against Hinckley and placed them in a corner of the AirWair, using the facilities in the South Stand that they normally do, unless we have to open the entire stand.
Huntersboyz

Post by Huntersboyz »

Thats made my mind up for me......

Ive been to vitually every home game for the last 8 years (Barring being on holiday) as a ST holder

This year I chose not to have one and attend a few less games, perhaps 15/18 ish

Paying £17 to stand on the PDB with bugger all facilities is daylight robbery. I will only attend Scum, Luton, Cambridge games now, and maybe a juicy cup game if we ever get one again

I will still follow each and every result with a great deal of interest, the club just wont be getting anywhere near as much of my money
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Y'know, I keep reading about the season ticket holders potentially "being angry" as though they're the be all and end all of the support for this club - like everyone else should be afraid of them. If we get 600 season ticket holders that's roughly 50% of our home support for last season. That means the other 50% paid full whack so putting more money into the club's coffers over a season through the turnstyles. The season ticket holders chose to buy their tickets at the prices offered and it works out far cheaper per game (£11?) than it would for a regular fan paying (for example) £15, even for a seat. They paid their money long before the new prices had been announced, so therefore accepted the fact that if the club HAD dropped the prices to £15 all round, that's the way it is . Would they demand their money back? Of course not.
I like the £15 all over the stadium idea, it would encourage more away fans to attend and potentially more home fans in seated areas. Plus it's a £1 rise for the terrace which people would grumble about, but probably accept and that might offset the seated area price reduction.
AFC R & D member number 34
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Well, as I said in one post on this page, it would be interesting to hear the views and thoughts of season ticket holder in the seated areas on this issue. We've got a few since four have posted on the poll. It would be great to hear your views (could you also state if you are a seated season ticket holder), which would be completely respected, no matter what they are.