MK Dons thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: MK Dons thread

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

We'll have to improve a lot based on this afternoons performance, we looked second best to everything.

Was definitely a red card, and could have been another. The ref seemed to let MK get away with murder.

Luke Chadwick was a different class for them, could definitely see why he was at Man Utd.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

RDFC360 wrote:Well it definatly not good but, pre seasons hardly count for anything, and on the Huke injury i dont think it was as bad as it looked because after about 8 mintues after he came out of the tunnel and sat down near to the steps!
Thank Christ for that! :) That is good news!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Do red cards count in pre-season games?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Do red cards count in pre-season games?
I don't believe they count towards a suspension.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Just dissapointed didnt see much constructive football from us no link from midfield to forwards,jamie stuart showed that above conference level would not be fast enough,sam smith needs to up his game ,its pre season so things will change and improve but a bit of passion even for this game you still need to show you want the shirt.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

EDITED
Last edited by Mad Dog on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Do red cards count in pre-season games?
Don't think so! I'd be shocked if he played ahead of Tomlin/O'Connor/Farrell anyway!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Forget my post, I was wrong:
Tuesday, 04 August, 2009

The major changes ahead of the new campaign include:
•In exceptional cases only, the ability to reduce, or increase, on application, the standard punishment for red card offences*
•Sanctions, resulting from red cards shown in pre-season friendly fixtures, will not apply to competitive first team games*
•Bringing forward of the yellow card amnesty cut-off date, from end of February to 31 December
•Suspensions for reaching 5, 10 or 15 yellow cards to begin with immediate effect*
*Only for clubs competing in the Premier League, Football League and Football Conference National
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegu ... CardUpdate
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

I think we need that extra striker like a lot of other people on here.

But the link between the back and front just hasn't been there so far this season.. Todays performance i think smith and farell didn't do enough to hold up the ball not even sure their keeper had to make a save.. Only Tommos long range shots, jhonson was okay in the middle worked hard chasing down MK. Day again showed that he is a class above Robbo..

The Ref let MK get away with some Dreadful tackles and the petty play by their 2 strikers really annoyed me.. its a freindly match normally played in good spirits but from the start their players changed this with some dreadful tackle like the injury to Huke.. Good to hear it may not have been that serious but it didnt look good when he left the pitch..

I feel that the reaction to the charles tackle caused the sending off whereas the ref may have let him escape with a yellow.. and how the guy that started the 'fight' didnt even get booked??
i also thought that Powers tackle was worse yet he didnt get sent off
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

A few points:

1. Our Performance - First half there wasn't that much between the sides, apart from in and around both boxes. We defended like clowns and were so lightweight up front (Smith in particular I'm sorry to say) that a mild breeze would have outmuscled us. Second half was, quite frankly, shocking. Our heads were obviously down, probably down to a combination of the half time score and the nasty looking injury to Shane Huke, but with the exception of a couple of determined Tommo runs we just didn't compete at all. It was only a pre-season game of course, against a team two leagues higher than us, but it is worrying that we were so poor in the second half, especially Osano who was all over the place.

2. The Franchise Performance - They were clearly a better side than us, but in all honesty I wasn't that impressed with them. I thought Peterborough looked a far better side than them, and we couldn't have made life much easier for them in front of goal. Their first had a suspicion of offside about it. The second saw Day and Power both try and tackle the same player at the same time, but they ended up tackling each other and giving them a free run at goal. The third and fourth were real knife-through-butter goals, although one of them (I can't remember which now) was the result of some excellent passing and moving on their part. And the fifth was just really sloppy on our part, players out of position, giving the ball away cheaply, and missed challenges.
The most notable aspect of their performace though, was their disgusting approach to the game. From the first whistle they were kicking us off the ball and going in late on us. I wasn't at the game last year so didn't see the incident Barton Raz referred to (although I remember reading about it), but it would seem like nothing has changed in the space of 12 months. The challenge on Huke was appalling and deliberate, and the same player had already kicked out at someone before that. Their number 7 kicked someone (Day possibly) off the ball and then squared up to Stuart when he had a go at him about it. The reaction to Ryan Charles' foul that earned him his red card was totally unnecessary, with four players pushing and shoving him, and there were countless other instances of their indiscipline throughout the game. To call them the League 1 Histon is possibly unfair on Histon. I didn't think it was possible for me to loathe that pathetic excuse of a club any more than I already did, but congratulations to them, they managed to prove me wrong. I sincerely hope we never play them again and wish now more than ever before that the bubble bursts and they quickly disappear off the face of the earth again. Complete and utter scum from the boardroom to the pitch.

3. The Referee - It's not often that you see such incompetence in friendly games, but Mr John Scott was as bad as anything I've seen in a competitive match. He allowed their persistent (and at times reckless, bordering on violent) fouling all through the game, and I think only spoke to one of their players once. It was hardly surprising that a player picked up, what looked like, a serious injury, and it was a miracle that there weren't more. I really hope that the club reports this moron to the FA. Not that it will do the slightest bit of good, of course.

4. The Sending Off - Unfortunately the ref had no choice but to send Charles off. It was a stupid and dangerous challenge, and Charles should be severley reprimanded by the club for allowing himself to sink to the level of the scum we were playing against. I believe he will now face a ban for 3 competitive matches as a result. However, had the referee been even remotely competent and clamped down on the constant fouling from the Franchise players, I have no doubt that Charles wouldn't have jumped into that tackle like he did. What was almost as bad as the foul was the reaction, and the fact that the ref allowed it to go completely unpunished.

Anyway, rant over (for now)! All that remains is to wish Shane a speedy recovery; let's hope that the injury isn't as bad as it first appeared.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297