Won [ Tue 30th Apr ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm HSCF @Sixfields

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 30th Apr ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm HSCF @Sixfields

Post by Dazzler »

Get your Hillier Senior Cup Final tickets now, via the NFA ticket site.

>> NFA TICKETS - AFCR&D Section <<

Note: Pay at the gate on the day tickets will be £3 more.

FULL DETAILS

K*ttering Town v AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Tickets for the Hillier Senior Cup Final are available here:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/northamptonshirefa

Supporters need to ensure they click ‘Hillier Senior Cup – AFC Rushden & Diamonds Tickets’.

Priced at £12 Adults, £7 Concessions, £7 U16s, FREE U5’s.

Pay on the gate is available, however tickets will be £3 more expensive if bought on the night.

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/ticket-news ... cup-final/
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Tue 30th Apr ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm HSCF @Sixfields

Post by rickthediamond »

Going to be an interesting night on many fronts, but particularly in terms of our playing squad.

These are the players from the first team that we are able to select, as far as I’m aware:
Lawlor, Empson, J. Wilson, Thomas, Pinto-Leite, Johnston, Corden, Inman, Ngwa (if he’s fit although I presume he is not), Lorraine, Emery, Harriman (named himself on the bench at Walsall), O’Neill and Taylor (but he’s injured sadly).

Then there’s the young lads that did so fantastically well for us in the semi-finals, you’ll have to forgive me though because I don’t know many of the names or their positions. I’m sure Harriman will call some of these lads up.

Finally, there are the players who we have (or did have) still on dual-reg and therefore may be able to play for us if we were desperate:
Tagoe - dual reg at AFC Dunstable I think?
Rose - dual reg at Newport Pagnell and has already helped us out this season when Heath wasn’t available.
Gough - dual reg at Cogenhoe, I presume he isn’t cup tied but he might be injured?
Glennon - dual reg at Stamford and has already helped us out this season when Stamford were playing in the FA Trophy.
Are there any others?

Having looked at K*ttering’s most recent lineup it actually seems that most of their current squad will be available to play tomorrow night. So I’m expecting them to put a strong team out.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

rickthediamond wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 pm Going to be an interesting night on many fronts, but particularly in terms of our playing squad.

These are the players from the first team that we are able to select, as far as I’m aware:
Lawlor, Empson, J. Wilson, Thomas, Pinto-Leite, Johnston, Corden, Inman, Ngwa (if he’s fit although I presume he is not), Lorraine, Emery, Harriman (named himself on the bench at Walsall), O’Neill and Taylor (but he’s injured sadly).

Then there’s the young lads that did so fantastically well for us in the semi-finals, you’ll have to forgive me though because I don’t know many of the names or their positions. I’m sure Harriman will call some of these lads up.

Finally, there are the players who we have (or did have) still on dual-reg and therefore may be able to play for us if we were desperate:
Rose - dual reg at Newport Pagnell and has already helped us out this season when Heath wasn’t available.
Gough - dual reg at Cogenhoe, I presume he isn’t cup tied but he might be injured?
Glennon - dual reg at Stamford and has already helped us out this season when Stamford were playing in the FA Trophy.
Are there any others?

Having looked at K*ttering’s most recent lineup it actually seems that most of their current squad will be available to play tomorrow night. So I’m expecting them to put a strong team out.
Don't you have to have made at least one appearance in a previous round? Not sure if all of those players you listed are eligible, if you remember when Brackley beat us on penalties we were handed tge trophy as they played three players who hadn't made an appearance prior to the final
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

I think the majority of those players I’ve listed should be eligible with the exception of those on dual reg. I’m sure I saw on here that as long as they were registered before 31st Jan and played at least one league fixture they were okay to be selected.
Lee Tomlin la la la
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rickthediamond wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 pm Going to be an interesting night on many fronts, but particularly in terms of our playing squad.

Are there any others?

The NFA have been working with us over the last week to relax some of the rules around eligibility in order to hopefully ensure a better occasion for all. As you've mentioned, K*ttering can choose from most of their squad, whereas ours would be ravaged by unavailability due to cup ties.

Ben Heath, Jacob Scott and Tarik Dallas have been given dispensation to play despite being cup-tied. This is owing to a lack of cover in those positions. Jacob picked up a bit of a knock at the weekend though so we'll have to see if he's fit enough to play.

Expecting at least 3 scholars from the last round to be involved again, possibly one or two from the start.

Not expecting any departed players that are still registered to be involved. Which means no Kerins, Rose, Glennon, Gough, Massingham, Sutton, Tagoe, White, Dean, Briggs, Saunt or Summerfield.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

The NFA make the rules up as they go along with their County Cups. I would be surprised to see Pigman and Stagman upfront :-)
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Don’t quote me on it, but I’m sure I saw somewhere George Rose moved on from Newport, so he won’t be eligible.

As for the game, I will be there, I’m not expecting us to get a result, but you never know we may catch them on a bad day and pull off a surprise.

I just don’t want us to disgrace ourselves by getting thumped by them, otherwise it will be a nightmare on Twitter/X after the game with one K*ttering fan who’s obsessed with us gleefully announcing how they beat us, and how we’re potentially going back where we belong, I’m sure you all know who I’m referring to.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:24 am The NFA make the rules up as they go along with their County Cups. I would be surprised to see Pigman and Stagman upfront :-)
Much as I would love to Dave, sadly I’m not available for selection ……..I mean another reason is I’m very old and a little bit crap too !! I can’t speak for Tony, but I’m sure he’d do a job! :cheesy:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51