Drawn [ Sat 30th Mar ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 30th Mar ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Re: [ Sat 30th Mar ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by rickthediamond »

Another massive game. I'll never accept any 'free hit' malarkey, so every one of these next 6 league fixtures is must win in my eyes, as I am sure it will be for the staff and players too. Lboro Dynamo have had relatively inconsistent form recently, topped off with a 2-3 loss at home to Sphinx last week. Coventry did not impress me greatly in either fixture against us, and if we were to go down by narrow margins, the 2 games against them will be ones I look back on and shudder. Thinking back to the 2 games away to Lboro at the start of the season, I actually thought them quite lucky to come away with both a win in the league and a victory in the cup on penalties, they were no great shakes to be honest. Obviously the league table doesn't lie, but even their own management team have conceded that they have been punching well above their weight for most of the season. They do have a decent goalkeeper, and they love a long range effort at goal, one of which they scored against us in the league, and another against Sphinx in the 2-3 loss, which was a beauty. I do believe, as many others have said, that to stay up (given the fixtures for us, Rugby, & Gresley) we need 9/9 points in our last 3 games against Boldmere, Shepshed and Walsall Wood, and at least 3 points against Lboro, Harborough, and Anstey, so 12 more points total at a minimum. Obviously this is all speculative, Rugby & Gresley could quite easily pick up minimal points from the last 6 games or even go on a brilliant run themselves, but we can only control the controllables, and hopefully we can gain the 3 points against Lboro this weekend!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Totally agree, I wasn't at the Trophy game, but was at the league game and the scoreline really didn't tell the whole story, think we hit the woodwork two or three times and even played better when we went down to 10 men if I remember correctly. 3-0 flattered them.

They've had a great season no doubt, but looking at the form table and the goal difference compared to Harborough and Anstey, they're a fair way behind these two who are flying. I'd say we will need to get something out of this game, we know Gresley and/or Rugby are guaranteed to get something out the next three games and I cannot see us getting anything against Harborough or Anstey, three losses now could give us too much to do in the final three games.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

The more I look at the games left for us, Rugby & Gresley the more I know that we just have to get 3 pts tomorrow. If we are in a situation after the Anstey game where we are 6+ pts from safety, I would say that would probably be that.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

rickthediamond wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am The more I look at the games left for us, Rugby & Gresley the more I know that we just have to get 3 pts tomorrow. If we are in a situation after the Anstey game where we are 6+ pts from safety, I would say that would probably be that.
Over last 6 games we have the best record 6pts. Rugby have lost last 4 games. For the remaining six we have 3 home 3 away, Rugby have 4 home 2 away, Gresley 2 home 4 away,including their last 3 games are all away.
We have to play 3 of the top 7,Rugby only one (Lye), Gresley also only have one v Hinckley. Plus of course Gresley play Rugby on Monday next.
So make of that lot of stats what you will!
I would say we have toughest run in and Rugby the easiest.
diamonddel

Post by diamonddel »

Is they a pitch inspection. Could anyone from the club confirm the game is going ahead after all this rain.
I am coming from Cheltenham, as I am setting up at 9.00 am.
:
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

rickthediamond wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:29 pm I do believe, as many others have said, that to stay up (given the fixtures for us, Rugby, & Gresley) we need 9/9 points in our last 3 games against Boldmere, Shepshed and Walsall Wood, and at least 3 points against Lboro, Harborough, and Anstey, so 12 more points total at a minimum.
Well that’s 1/3 ticked off, although it could’ve and probably should’ve been 3/3 ticked off already! Given Rugby & Gresley lost you’ve gotta take a point I suppose, especially when you consider we were 0-1 down with 10 mins to go… absolutely LOVE that from the Lord Tom Lorraine by the way. Up the Rushden!!!
Lee Tomlin la la la