Lost [ Tue 5th Mar ] v Quorn FC, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Mar ] v Quorn FC, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Ricky330 »

Anyone know what's happened to Dean & Tagoe? Injured?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Ricky330 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 am Anyone know what's happened to Dean & Tagoe? Injured?
Only 16 can be in the squad. Would you really put them ahead of Scott or Ngwa/Taylor.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Quorn were the better side, it’s as simple as that. They came with a game plan, they started with a high intensity, they isolated Ngwa and Taylor, which cut off the supply to our strikers.

I actually thought we started off well, but once they got the first goal it was only going one way, not quite sure how Ben Heath missed it, maybe his view was obstructed? Also Mmaybe it’s time to drop Emery to the bench, and see what Dylan can do from the start?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:02 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 am Anyone know what's happened to Dean & Tagoe? Injured?
Only 16 can be in the squad. Would you really put them ahead of Scott or Ngwa/Taylor.
Think he was just asking if they were available or not. They probably would make the bench if fit
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

rickthediamond wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:05 am Play a second-string side against Posh U21s on Thurs, and right our wrongs against Lye on the Saturday 👌🏻
Have we got a second-string? Would it be lads from the u16 or u18? Not complaining either way just curious.

Also wonder if it's worth just pulling out of the cup entirely- is there significant prize money or benefit from getting to the final?
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

RyanDoveFanClub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:39 pm
rickthediamond wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:05 am Play a second-string side against Posh U21s on Thurs, and right our wrongs against Lye on the Saturday 👌🏻
Have we got a second-string? Would it be lads from the u16 or u18? Not complaining either way just curious.

Also wonder if it's worth just pulling out of the cup entirely- is there significant prize money or benefit from getting to the final?
I would say a second string would include D. Wilson, Johnston, Tagoe, Thomas, Empson, Louis Lawlor, plus lads from the u18 squad and maybe some from the scholars if they aren’t signed on elsewhere and cup tied? Maybe John Dean too, I don’t think he’s cup tied? He played for Daventry last night so I presume he just isn’t making it into our squad at the mo.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

rickthediamond wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:04 pm
RyanDoveFanClub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:39 pm

I would say a second string would include D. Wilson, Johnston, Tagoe, Thomas, Empson, Louis Lawlor, plus lads from the u18 squad and maybe some from the scholars if they aren’t signed on elsewhere and cup tied? Maybe John Dean too, I don’t think he’s cup tied? He played for Daventry last night so I presume he just isn’t making it into our squad at the mo.
Dean and Dylan Wilson are cup tied, along with Heath, Wyatt and Scott
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It’s not as simple as just playing a second string team I’m afraid. According to the rules, as it’s a semi final, players must have been registered with the Club on January 31st AND have played in at least 1 league game for the team playing in the semi-final. Clubs can ask for special
Permission to play ineligible players up to 3 days before the match but in my experience, it’s not very forthcoming and would be limited to 1 or 2 players.

Withdrawing from the competition is a possibility but would come with a fine for failing to fulfill the fixture and, although there’s no financial prize, it’s a good experience to play at Sixfields (if we got through!). I think I’d be looking to move the fixture if possible - but that’s reliant on both Posh and the NFA agreeing and also HR being available.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights & Interviews from AFCRDTV

Sevenofdiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time