Lost [ Tue 5th Mar ] v Quorn FC, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Mar ] v Quorn FC, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Rugby lost 5-0 too so no damage done. However, it does show that 'if' we pull off the great escape, without investment we will struggle again next season unfortunately IMO☹
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Ricky330 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:42 pm Rugby lost 5-0 too so no damage done. However, it does show that 'if' we pull off the great escape, without investment we will struggle again next season unfortunately IMO☹
Rugby lost 0-6. I didn't expect us to win but that was a reality check. But we are no worse off than we were at the beginning of the day. Next up is Lye for us and Rugby play Spalding.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Well that brought us crashing down to earth didn't it? We were all weak and feeble most of the game, and gifted 3 soft goals. OK the referee was shocking but we hardly competed, gave the ball away far too easily and rolled over and died in the second half. Not good, not happy, I hope it wakes them up. I don't care we lost less worse than Rugby, until we've got more points than them it's still a shite result.
AFC R & D member number 34
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Ouch, tough one tonight, funny how in our best run of form of the season we get our worst defeat of the season, but against one of the best sides we've played this season certainly, we just couldn't cope with how quick they were out of the traps at the start and the intensity of their play and the curse of the early goal clearly stung again.

A reality check certainly and hopefully we can learn from the mistakes of tonight in the next game.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

They were miles better than us all over , they win every 50/50 every header so fast so strong. Heard load of experienced Nuneaton went there recently and it shows.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:12 am They were miles better than us all over , they win every 50/50 every header so fast so strong. Heard load of experienced Nuneaton went there recently and it shows.
A guy stood behind us and chatted, said he was Quorn chairman and they're paying £4k per month for that team, I'd say it's good value for money.
AFC R & D member number 34
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Unfortunately we were pretty awful. Whilst Quorn were decent you can’t give those first 3 goals away so badly. Awful goals. Against the better teams you have to be on it and we were just not. At half time we had given them 2 poor goals, their keeper had made a great save and we had missed an absolute sitter and it could have been so different. We are going to need to pick something up against some of the better sides in this next run of games and we need to be much, much better than last night.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

I agree that we were very poor, and we are going to have to be better to pick up the points against the better teams, which we will likely need to stay up. However, I’m not going to over react to this result. I expected us to lose this one, not by 5 but I did expect to lose. I think this team has shown us that they aren’t just going to give up. Yes, we lost badly yesterday, but the team has given me the belief over the past couple of months that they will put it right. Think back to the Gresley game, or the Hinckley game, they’ve battled back brilliantly after some poor results. Play a second-string side against Posh U21s on Thurs, and right our wrongs against Lye on the Saturday 👌🏻
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV