Match Postponed [ Sat 24th Feb ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 24th Feb ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Pigman »

Totally in our hands now, for the first time we know what we have to do and should use the confidence gained recently (minus the last game obviously) to push on!

11 games left and 6 of them against sides below us in the current form guide - we need our arses kicked if we don’t salvage the season now, especially given the poor form of those around us.

We have to target a minimum of 18 points in my opinion and hope the others continue to fall away.

An exciting/nerve wracking couple of months ahead! Great isn’t it !!
IMG_1214.jpeg
IMG_1214.jpeg (124.04 KiB) Viewed 770 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

2 huge games coming up (coleshill and quorn). Need at least 4 points. I thinks it’s going to be who can get some results against the better teams. Going to be very tight. But we can do it.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

It’s definitely in our hands, so to speak. Personally though, games in hand fill me with 0 confidence whatsoever. Tuesday night games mean less of a crowd and less of us cheering those lads across the line. Although, having said that, it actually makes sense and would be good to reschedule Cambridge for March 9th, seeing as we already have Quorn on the Tuesday, making it cost effective with the players wages. I think 18 points, whilst it’s always advisable to aim high, is quite optimistic. Maybe that’s me being too negative. It all depends how we play this coming Saturday, if we can get an away win then I will have some confidence. If we lose, then that will be 2 on the bounce and I will be concerned that we may go on another losing streak, meaning that would be that.
Lee Tomlin la la la
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Whatever happens now we have at least made a fight of it and given us a chance. I think that was all we wanted back at the start of January where it looked so unlikely
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:53 am Although, having said that, it actually makes sense and would be good to reschedule Cambridge for March 9th, seeing as we already have Quorn on the Tuesday, making it cost effective with the players wages.
Not possible, as cambridge are at home to ansty nomads that day
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:30 pm
rickthediamond wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:53 am Although, having said that, it actually makes sense and would be good to reschedule Cambridge for March 9th, seeing as we already have Quorn on the Tuesday, making it cost effective with the players wages.
Not possible, as cambridge are at home to ansty nomads that day
Ah that’s a shame! I didn’t check that, thank you.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Maybe Posh u 21's fancy a Saturday Hillier cup semi final.