Drawn [ Sat 3rd Feb ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Feb ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews.

Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:20 pm George Rose returns as Ben Heath is unavailable. 👀

Let’s hope the defence is on form.
Solid! Sounded nervy on Twitter, but unbeaten in 5, another clean sheet. On to Quorn!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Rose was probably our best player! A very boring game but our run continues and another clean sheet.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

That was an awful game of football to watch with 2 very poor sides on show. What a difference to the performance on Tuesday night. The only positive to take from the game was that the unbeaten run continues and although Rugby won, we gained another point on Gresley. I thought George Rose was MOM - didn't see any of our other players stand out at all!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A real shame we couldn't find the win. I thought we looked a bit tired and leggy, but good effort.
Couple of things, EJ isn't a right winger, every time we had a throw in down the left he was over that side which left a massive hole on his side of the pitch. Go as far as middle of the pitch but no further and stretch the defenders apart. Second point is that we never switch Miguel to the right just to mix it up. They got his number today and we just kept it the same. Third, our right back had a mare in the first half but stuck at it.
Keep going team, keep believing and never give in.
AFC R & D member number 34
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Yep, we weren’t at the races today. Solid shift overall from the defence but the rest of the team was lacking. But, considering there was no Taylor or Purse, and Emery came off early, it’s a decent point. Annoying Rugby won but Cambridge City is obviously one of the ‘easier’ games they will have had to play in their run in. Our run in is no joke though to be honest, some really tough games in there. Hopefully this isn’t just a purple patch and we can keep getting more points on the board. Taylor and Purse extremely unlikely to be available Tuesday, and Emery probably needs a game out considering he’s been subbed early two games in a row. Not an ideal time to be hit by injuries at all, especially as Quorn are only 5 points off the play off positions. As always I will be hoping for the best, if we can get a win it really will be something.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Sevenofdiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

We didn't really click today going forwards, in the end it was a hard-fought but precious point. Lucky for us the Sphincters were clueless and useless in front of goal and we got away with it - a month ago we would have lost this game. My MOM Miguel was great, he has that spark, when he gets the ball people take notice, but he was let down by a fussy ref who seemed to think everyone had come just to see him.
Still as Pep says, if you aren't going to win a game at least don't lose it, but I think Quorn will give us a tougher test next week.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

rickthediamond wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:58 pm Annoying Rugby won but Cambridge City is obviously one of the ‘easier’ games they will have had to play in their run in.
Just had another look at Rugby’s remaining matches, and their next 7 are incredibly tough. 4 teams at the top end of the table, a Coleshill side with a new manager who has made some decent signings this past week, and 2 huge relegation six pointers. At the risk of writing Gresley off, they seem like they can’t buy a win (except against us haha), and are constantly shipping a lot of goals. Given Rugby’s next 7 games, if we can pick up some decent points in the next weeks we really should have a fantastic chance of survival.
IMG_6488.jpeg
IMG_6488.jpeg (131.84 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Having said that, our next 7 games are probably just as difficult, and if you look ahead to the two games after that, our next 9 games are very difficult. Absolutely huge end to the season.
IMG_6489.jpeg
IMG_6489.jpeg (168.81 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Lee Tomlin la la la
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I’ll admit I was wrong as I feared the worse with George Rose returning, but he had a decent game. I’d even say he was player of the match, over Fraser who had a quiet game. They obviously did their homework on Miguel, as he was well off his usual self.

On to the referee, another who wanted to be centre of attention, can’t recall seeing him before, not sure if he’s related to Kevin Friend?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV