Won [ Sat 20th Jan ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Jan ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Great to finally get an away win on the board. Second half has to be our performance on the season, should have been 4 or 5 in the end. Brilliant performances from harriman, inman, emery and corden, but a special mention to luca purse who won so many headers today shown why he was worth bringing back to the club. If the team can keep putting in showings like that, more positive results are sure to follow
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I vowed at the start of the season I would not buy the Non League Paper until we won on a Saturday and I could read a winning match report. I've put the money aside to donate to a good cause so £44 will be on its way soon (I should just mention that I was out of the country when we beat Coleshill)
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Thought we were excellent today. Always in control of the game and second half could have been more goals with hitting the woodwork twice. Harriman everywhere, Purse win everything, Inman and O’Neil dominated midfield and the front 3 caused loads of problems. Everyone played their part and great to get the win. If we can make these next 4 home games count we could be back really in the mix to survive.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

After what was a scrappy first 30 minutes, we really started to switch on. I know there was a deflection involved, but I don’t care, Cairo’s goal was bloody brilliant! We didn’t switch off for the whole of the second half, which was just superb to see. What a goal from Ngwa too, something I’ve been wanting to see so desperately from him since he returned. Let’s get behind these lads now for these home games, they all deserve our upmost support! I know it’s not advisable in our position but we’ve got a few cracking players in our squad now, who **in an alternative timeline**, I would really not complain at being handed a contract. I hope these lads stick with us and don’t follow the same path that others have taken.
P.S. It was a great atmosphere at the game today partly thanks to the Oldham fans, even if they were rooting for Rugby!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Got to say it's nice to have a Saturday evening after a Diamonds win again, forgot what it was like!

Yes the opposition was very poor today, but where usually we would have made some silly mistakes at the back and given away goals or not had the clinical edge going forward, we were so much better today. Don't want to get too excited as it is one win against a poor side, but 4 points from the last two games, as many as we had in the first 21 and finally a sign that we might now start being able to turn performances into results, so I do have a bit of faith that we might be able to pull of a great escape after today.

With the exception of maybe Harborough and Spalding, we haven't actually been outplayed by anyone really, there has always been the sense for me that if we were just a bit less naive and clinical that we wouldn't be in the position we are in, most teams in this league are nothing special and I do believe with a bit of confidence we can start winning more games.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

An independent vlog of the day

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

What a great Vlog. We must invite him to every game. Excellent video, we could actually clearly see the goals. What a great ground, especially when you consider some of the terrible grounds we've been to this season. Something we can aspire to.
Basil

Post by Basil »

What a great vlog!! I thought both our goals were superbly taken, Cairo is getting better and better and Miguel’s match fitness has certainly improved his game! Previously I thought Purse was a bit of a liability but yesterday he won everything in the air and had a great game and a big shout out has to go to Tagoe, he won so many tackles with those long legs of his :joy: But for me Fraser Corden has made a massive difference to this team, onwards and hopefully upwards from now on!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:55 am What a great Vlog. We must invite him to every game. Excellent video, we could actually clearly see the goals. What a great ground, especially when you consider some of the terrible grounds we've been to this season. Something we can aspire to.
Was just about to say the same about the ground, first time I've been and while I knew it was a nice ground, I was very impressed with the place, wouldn't look out of place in the National League.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308