Lost [ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Pigman »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:07 pm Well, unsurprisingly here we are playing the blame game. If we spent half as much time as fans trying to help the club that we spend lamenting about our woes and blaming people for our downfall, we might not be in this situation! Nunn’s efforts this season were shambolic, we know that! Nunn didn’t use enough of his budget, we know that too!! We have to move on and constructively put our heads together to make sure we break free from this situation in the future.
:clapping:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Undoubtedly one of the most disappointing defeats in the club’s history there is no dressing it up. It was an absolute nightmare from start to finish. I haven’t been as angry with our approach and team selection for a very long time. In one of the most crucial matches ever for AFC R&D against a truly woeful Gresley side, we play a lone striker up front and leave Anderson on the bench for 60 minutes.

There seems to be an aversion at this club to, whoever we face in whatever game, playing two strikers alongside each other and I don’t understand it. Why can’t we just try it for once…..put Taylor (the only player who actually strikes the ball hard and low as you should) alongside Emery as a partnership, with Anderson on the right wing and Ngwa on the left. Throughout the season Pharrell has easily been our most threatening attacker so why the hell he is not starting is just beyond my comprehension. It is a massive relief that Ben Garwood is returning because we have missed him at right-back like a hole in the head.

In terms of the game it was the usual story wasn’t it. If we stopped conceding goals every single match in the first 10/15 minutes and chose the right starting line-up with two forwards, it might at least give us half a chance. If we don’t score the first goal we lose end of. We lost 3-0 at home to an awful team who still managed to keep us at arms length all the way through. We were completely the architects of our own downfall yesterday IMO because of the team selection and the way we set up. We’re not mathematically down yet obviously but it’s getting mighty critical.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Lawman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:00 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:26 pm
Lawman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:53 am

What complete nonsense, you can't blame Nunn. This situation is completely down to Nunn. Pre season he wasn't interested in, just about scraping past sub standard opposition, no gelling of players. 11 games, zero points, defeated at the first hurdle of the FA Cup (One step below us) along with the FA Trophy. Mike and Tom are on catch up trying to attract players whilst bottom of the table. A near impossible task. We keep hearing about young players. Just look at Lye Town, can't afford the older experience players. Where are they in the league? and they develope players from their Academy.
Fair enough I respect that you have a different opinion on Nunn.
What facts in my original post are incorrect. Lower level, blank sheet, not the lowest budget. Cast your mind back, the budget wasn't an issue. Not my words watch the interview
Nothing you said was incorrect, which was why I said I respect that you had a differing opinion, admittedly I could have worded it better.

I’m obviously seeing Nunn’s tenure through rose-tinted glasses. I liked the guy, wanted to see him succeed at the club, sadly he didn’t.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Lawman »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:21 pm
Lawman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:00 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:26 pm

Fair enough I respect that you have a different opinion on Nunn.
What facts in my original post are incorrect. Lower level, blank sheet, not the lowest budget. Cast your mind back, the budget wasn't an issue. Not my words watch the interview
Nothing you said was incorrect, which was why I said I respect that you had a differing opinion, admittedly I could have worded it better.

I’m obviously seeing Nunn’s tenure through rose-tinted glasses. I liked the guy, wanted to see him succeed at the club, sadly he didn’t.
I don't come on this forum that often. You will find on a recent post that I stated that Nunn is personnal and a likeable character but that doesn't win you matches. IMHO when posting we should be consistent when comparing previous and current management teams based on results, resources and opportunities. It is not an opinion these are facts.
Last edited by Lawman on Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Matt.T wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 am Hi Sussexdiamond, completely understand your point of view and respect it. The aim of the visits by candidates is to create a positive relationship whoever gains the seat.

I can confirm that candidates of all parties have been invited and the same processs will be followed on all. These discussions included the new ground, playing pitch strategy, the work done in the community, academy and how that links with Moulton College.

Furthermore, it was demonstrated to Gen that the majority of work done is by volunteers who support the club as a community benefit society in order to have a club where we can all come together to support and build for the future.

Over the last 15 months, we have also developed strong relationships with North Northants Council, again by demonstrating what we do and could do in the future. We had representatives from NNC yesterday present and have welcomed the Deputy Leader of NNC to the Legends event as well and from this we can help develop policies, infrastructure that not only help us as a club but hopefully increase our impact in the local area which can hopefully increase the fan base.

If you want to discuss in person further or via email just let me know I'd be delighted to help.

Best wishes,

Matt

Matt.taylor@afc-diamonds.com
Thank you Matt, fair comment. Mind you I still think General Kitchener was trying to tell us "your country needs you" 🤔
Lawman

Post by Lawman »

It seems as though sussex diamonds needs to visit specsavers.
Didn't see the army general at the match.
Must have been there on a recruitment mission.
Last edited by Lawman on Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AdamSRJFC
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AdamSRJFC »

Can somebody please explain why the first team manager did not do the post-match interview?
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Lawman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:46 pm General Kitchener was trying to tell us "your country needs you" 🤔
It seems as though your eyesight is playing you up. A visit to Specsavers maybe appropriate. I don't remember seeing an army general at the match.
Must have been there on a recruiting mission.
[/quote]

Obviously my reference to a famous historical figures quotation is beyond you. Or do you just lack a sense of humour.
Lawman

Post by Lawman »

The jokes on you :harhar:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AdamSRJFC wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:56 pm Can somebody please explain why the first team manager did not do the post-match interview?
Tom asked to do it and wanted to do it. Simple as that really.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291