Lost [ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

458 in attendance. 👏🏽 Shame there's never a performance to go with these crowds.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Very disappointing doesn’t even come close. The better team right up until the second goal but stupid goals and unable to take our chances the norm. We simply do not know how to win a game of football.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Absolute shit show. Sorry if it offends
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

That's pretty much it then, relegated and we're barely in January. Only we could have lost that one 3-0, ironically I thought we were the better side for most of the game and doninated possession, but like always we play okay and lose, I've never seem a team so bad in the opponent's box, even with the new players, we always find a way to lose and the writing is always on the wall when we keep conceding these pathetic early goals. You could moan about the joke of a ref sending is down to 9 men, but ultimately that would just distract from what has been a thoroughly depressing afternoon.

9 straight defeats, I would say get rid of the manager, but at this stage, there sadly probably is no point, it's too late.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

At least K*ttering are going down as well :meeting:
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Yes, another flaccid performance from this awful footballing team. Got to be the worst at this level of football and the planning should start for sustaining the club in the UCL, even if it means cutting the playing budget.
AFC R & D member number 34
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Olly wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:19 pm That's pretty much it then, relegated and we're barely in January. Only we could have lost that one 3-0, ironically I thought we were the better side for most of the game and doninated possession, but like always we play okay and lose, I've never seem a team so bad in the opponent's box, even with the new players, we always find a way to lose and the writing is always on the wall when we keep conceding these pathetic early goals. You could moan about the joke of a ref sending is down to 9 men, but ultimately that would just distract from what has been a thoroughly depressing afternoon.

9 straight defeats, I would say get rid of the manager, but at this stage, there sadly probably is no point, it's too late.
I think Michael and Tom should be throughly embarrassed after that performance. Like Groundhog Day week in week out. We've gone backwards under them and to end up on the receiving end of a 3-0 result is horrid.

Yes, changing the management isn't going to make a jot of difference. Yes, there isn't anyone else waiting to take over but that does not give Michael and Tom a free pass to serve that up week in week out. Its totally inexcusable - and they should be shown the door off the back of this result.

This must be one of the lowest points from a purely footballing point of view in the last 15 years of R&D.
Last edited by Rushdenjim on Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Make that 30 years of watching.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

We had 26 shots. They go and be clinical and score 3, with it being their first away game win.

No point sacking now. Just it’s crazy already relegated with the 2nd half of season beginning. Going to be a long hard slog.

No doubt we will win a few towards the end of season when mid table sides go into 1st gear.