Lost [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Biggles »

Some hope of some of our fans actually taking note of the interview with Setch, the realities of Football post Covid, Cost of living Crisis, etc.
All costs have risen by loads, football clubs are not imune to these costs, Good players demanding £500 a week and top players £700 a week.

On our model of Ownership we have no chance of competing with a lot of teams at this level, yes we maybe should be doing a lot better than we are but we are currenly at best only capable of bottom half of this division and relegation battles most seasons even if we survive this season with a miracle and a good following wind.

Getting rid of our current managment will achieve nothing really.

As for Will Jones and Cambridge city, well frankly Cambidge City only have taken him as in their opinion that nails us on for Demotion so they only have a four corner fight for the last demotion place.

Well thats my opinion which i really hope is wrong but i doubt it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:48 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:45 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:27 am Harborough lost yesterday so presumably will get a rollicking from their manager and come out all guns blazing against us. Corby lose at home again, so it will be no home wins v no away points,. Garwood would have booked his holiday some time ago, so it's not just a case of couldn't care on his behalf. It's certainly a bleak midwinter. At least we have Johnson to replace Jones!!!!
He doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence, but then the majority of the team don’t either.
Shame really, as he looked really sharp during pre-season and people were saying that we've got great signing there. Maybe he's lacking confidence but you've got to go with him right now, can't rely on just Cairo Taylor to score the goals
As others have said, one up front isn’t working, put those two up front together and we might start scoring goals. Why the management can’t see that I don’t know, surprising considering one is, or was a striker.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Tbh. I was being ironic or sarcastic regarding Johnson. Our top goalscorer now is Anderson with 2 I think.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:07 am I am guessing because we don’t pay that well it means if players want to go on holiday in the busiest time of the season we have to let them .

God we are a right mess when they can do what they want, worst still they’ll go straight back into the 11 afterwards.

They’re not on contract so yes, they can say they’re unavailable as and when it suits them.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Ben Garwood sister has just had a baby but lives in Australia. The whole family have gone over to Oz to be there for the baby's first Xmas. Understandable in my view
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights & interviews from AFCRDTV

Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Credit to Ryan Inman, he came out in the Kahlsa interview and said the players let themselves down, said they switched off etc.

If Ryan can see that and he was on the field trying to play football... how did the manager not see that from standing on the sidelines?

I wouldn't mind losing so much if people were actually honest, Ryan showed respect for the fans who paid money to watch the game.

The situation that arises from a manager constantly praising players as fantastic when the scoreline says otherwise is a bit like when you meet someone in life who is a bit full of themselves, you don't tell them that they are wrong about something, you agree and continue to praise them, they get a bigger head and then sooner or later they take a tumble and become a nervous wreck because they've been told that a 60% effort is fantastic.

Please Note: yes, Ryan speaks sense, but I am not suggesting we give him the managers job, even though he has more experience of football at this level than our manager, (as the poem goes - his name is Michael Harriman, he has less experience than an American!)
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

rdusher wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:52 pm
Adrian wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:37 pm
davealbon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left
Having a player/manager and a player/assistant manager should have allowed us to save money with the jobs being combined.

Instead we've landed ourselves with a pair of cowards, who have taken themselves out of the starting line up to void themselves of any criticism.

Every week we sign a new defender, a clear confirmation that Harriman is intending to stay on the bench.

It's heartbreaking and the clubs who trust us by sending their youth team players here for their first taste of men's have lost the plot.

All I'm seeing is an ex football league player destroying the careers of young lads before it's even started.

A 30 year old dropping out of the football league into the lower section of non league for reasons other than money... for me something is not right, we need to get rid.

Harriman is getting paid by us and Peterborough United, he should do the Chris Nunn thing and say he's not going to take a wage for the utter dross being served up, last week he hinted at there being plenty of budget to spend... if we allow him to spend it we are finished.

This morning he Tweeted for the first time in months, it said... "Let’s go Diamonds 💎" he's just copy and pasting what Chris Nunn would have tweeted, a total imposter.

IMO this tweet form James Anker is spot on...

It just goes to show that someone who can form such a sensible opinion as that is exactly what this club is missing! and what a coincidence that this guy was involved at the club last year when everything started to improve.
At the risk of moderating the forum, I'll say I think you're a bit out of order here Adrian. Have an opinion by all means, but your accusing a club legend in Shanks and our current manager who's doing the very best he can in a pretty difficult set of circumstances, of cowardice. Shanks spoke recently about this when on BBC Northampton that his playing days are mainly behind him now, and that if it hadn't been Diamonds he wouldn't have played anywhere this season. Harriman is injured, what do you want from the bloke.

Was hoping to see you at Khalsa today but didn't notice you there? Getting a little bit sick of your constant criticism on here recently, but I'll offer you the Q&A that you want on a one to one basis in Boxing Day. Please come and be my guest in hospitality for Tuesdays game where I'll happily buy you a drink and hear your suggestions on how we can improve the current predicament. Michael and Tom will be in after the game as well to give you an opportunity to have a chat with them as well. If you notify Matt on turnstiles when you get there I'll pop down to meet you.
So Adrian how did you get on with Rob Usher today at your meeting in the Hospitality Suite. I expect your face to face meeting was very constructive as you put forward your well researched plan for the clubs future and were only to happy to accept his invitation to join the Board.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Biggles wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:57 am Some hope of some of our fans actually taking note of the interview with Setch, the realities of Football post Covid, Cost of living Crisis, etc.
All costs have risen by loads, football clubs are not imune to these costs, Good players demanding £500 a week and top players £700 a week.

On our model of Ownership we have no chance of competing with a lot of teams at this level, yes we maybe should be doing a lot better than we are but we are currenly at best only capable of bottom half of this division and relegation battles most seasons even if we survive this season with a miracle and a good following wind.

Getting rid of our current managment will achieve nothing really.

As for Will Jones and Cambridge city, well frankly Cambidge City only have taken him as in their opinion that nails us on for Demotion so they only have a four corner fight for the last demotion place.

Well thats my opinion which i really hope is wrong but i doubt it.
I think non-league footballers are like many things, they are worth what someone is prepared to pay for them. Nobody and I mean nobody at Step 4 should be getting £500/£700 a week, sadly if the likes of Harborough start paying that sort of stupid money I guess that level in this region is buggered until the money runs out. I guess if we’re looking for someone to blame go back 14/15 years to St Neots and the demoted Kings Lynn (may be happening again soon) paying daft money in the UCL and that didn’t work with Long Buckby finishing on top.