Lost MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Ricky330 »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:10 pm We seem to be raiding Spalding of players right now, do they have a decent striker on the bench. 😂
Dan Sweeny just gone to Alvechurch for loan period. Guess he would have been too much for us
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Pleased with the signing of Ben Heath, it was one that needed to happen, George Rose just wasn’t good enough unfortunately.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Olly wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:28 am George Rose joins Leighton Town on dual registration, not the best news, I assume/ hope this means we have someone lined up to come in for Monday?
We now have several wide men but still no one in the middle to convert any chances. By my reckoning since Deacon jumped ship our so called strikers have scored about 12 goals in nearly two years. Connor and Cooper 8, Jones and Johnson 3.
I suppose we can add Dylan Edge with his couple of goals. On a goals per game he was probably our most successful striker. After Monday I wouldn't be surprised to see him back as he is still very much a bit part player at Corby.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Dylan was on the bench for Corby the other day
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

STAGMAN wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:46 am Dylan was on the bench for Corby the other day
Exactly my point. He is only a bit part player. Do Corby pay if they don't play? Why warm the bench when he could earn money and score goals playing regularly for us.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:18 pm
STAGMAN wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:46 am Dylan was on the bench for Corby the other day
Exactly my point. He is only a bit part player. Do Corby pay if they don't play? Why warm the bench when he could earn money and score goals playing regularly for us.
It doesn’t make sense to be to be sitting on the bench instead of playing regularly, just to earn a few more quid. Hopefully he's sees enough in us tomorrow to think, I can make a difference in this team to get the goals to garner results and then warrant a return
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:18 pmWhy warm the bench when he could earn money and score goals playing regularly for us.
That's uncharacteristically optimistic of you!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

davealbon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:33 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:18 pmWhy warm the bench when he could earn money and score goals playing regularly for us.
That's uncharacteristically optimistic of you!
My New Years resolution. It can't get any worse, can it?
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

I know some decided to write off the last 5 games as free hits (including the Corby game), but we seriously have to get some points from tomorrow. They have not won a game at home all season for goodness sake! Their keeper got sent off in their last game too so they will be flapping around trying to get a decent replacement. Add on to that the off the field issues they are experiencing with budget cuts, and rumours that Setchell and his staff may leave imminently. We really need to capitalise on these things and get a result. It’s crucial.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:24 pm I know some decided to write off the last 5 games as free hits (including the Corby game), but we seriously have to get some points from tomorrow. They have not won a game at home all season for goodness sake! Their keeper got sent off in their last game too so they will be flapping around trying to get a decent replacement. Add on to that the off the field issues they are experiencing with budget cuts, and rumours that Setchell and his staff may leave imminently. We really need to capitalise on these things and get a result. It’s crucial.
Completely agree, it's a great opportunity for us to finally pick up points on the road and like you say, one we can't afford to miss out on if we are to haveany chance, the league table situation is bleak but it isn't over just yet, still half the season left, get 2024 of to a positive start and there is some hope.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308