Lost BOXING DAY [ Tue 26th Dec ] v Harborough Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: BOXING DAY [ Tue 26th Dec ] v Harborough Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Couple of things for Adrian to consider.

1 - Any potential manager's looking at the possibility of a job on the horizon will see a team that is headed to Step 5. If said prospect wants to manage at Step 4 and above then he will have no more than a passing glance at the role.

The most enthusiastic candidates will be Step 5/6 managers who hope this is a stepping stone. Their contacts book will contain no more that two players who can cut it at a higher level.

They won't keep you up.

2 - Clubs at Northern League and below do scout. I know mad isn't it? I guarantee every team you play will know how you set up.

Think back to the Burgess/Maxwell era and the number of goals that were conceded early doors. This wasn't a coincidence, both played a pro/academy play it out from the back style that is easy to disrupt, meaning mistakes are being forced early in the game and high up the field. This was picked up in the two previous games by the scouts.

In the pro game the players are good enough to not make those errors and in the academy game the results are not the be all and end all.

I'll actually make it three out of four and throw in the looking at the floor comment. Some people aren't comfortable talking in front of the camera I did enough interviews in the early days to know this. Add in that he's doing this minutes after the final whistle.

Being involved in grassroots football isn't easy. The FA are changing the ground reading goalposts, costs are increasing, referee standard are getting poorer. Sometimes you'd rather go home at half time.

So, Adrian, if you think all the board members that have served since Burgess was appointed should resign good luck getting eleven other people to join you as you take AFCR&D into the new European Super League in fifteen years. One rule it has to be real not Football Manager.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Well said again Stace. FACTS from myself and others to his last post are once again ignored in favour of utter tripe.

PS Rob is still waiting
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I thought we played well against a team of decent individuals but no necessarily the better team. Some real positives to take forward, we gave as good as we got for the majority of the game, full backs were impressive, Inman very good again and done decent build up play. Obvious downsides were the missed penalty and some easy goals but if we can play like that and find that elusive striker we will be ok. Well done.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

A couple of positives from yesterday was over 400 gate ( biggest in the league that day), very good when you consider our position and it shows the sort of gate a side challenging could attract. Secondly 4 goal flattered MH, big what if s, ie their first goal not allowed to stand and then us putting away the penalty and suddenly 1 up. I really do not think we area as bad as people think , i know the league table shows different but hope fully we can get 3 points from the Gresley game which might kick start us . Really feel for the board and the management team as they are trying to improve the side and struggling to attract players
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Come on, The things written by Adrian show he (could be a She) knows little about the club, not only could he or she talk to our Chairman at a match but also could use the members only forum and start a chat and ask questions as all of us members can.

So unless the powers that be actually know who this person is, ex volunteer, ex bitter fan or ex bitter former Club employee i can only assume he or she has never been to Hayden road and actually supports the Club and cannot be a member as they know little real knowledge of the Board and how they got their.

So unless Adrian can prove he is a fan and come face to face with our Chairman as has been offered then just ignore his or hers posts and even ban them from this Forum, yes i know that is extreem but all Adrian is after is starting a witch hunt and trying to get some sort of anti board, anti manager
mob together, basically a wind up merchant trying to drive a wedge between Board and Fans.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

This come and see me at the car park stuff to Adrian is getting boring now. Let him have his opinion and stop biting so much . Almost like you’re all trying to cancel him.
Biggles stop trying to ban him it’s embarrassing!

Everyone’s hurting now after two seasons of getting beat every week so take much with a bit of salt please.
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Lawman »

An honest interview by Michael. IMO the displays have improved against Khalsa and Harborough. When your luck is down the officials don't help. We conveniently don't mention Nunn. Personal, likeable character, came to the club with no coaches. Where are they now? Had a blank sheet at the start of the season. Budget was not a problem. Not my words watch the interview. Pre season against sub standard opposition. No gelling of players. I find pre season boring. Again not my words refer to the interview. No wins from 11 games, out of the FA Cup against a team a step below and also the FA Trophy at the first hurdle. Leaves the club no points on the board. Soon after key players leave, some follow him.
Give Michael and Tom a break they had to start from scratch without a pre season bringing in players with zero points on the board.
They have my support. Onwards and Upwards.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Lawman wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:10 am An honest interview by Michael. IMO the displays have improved against Khalsa and Harborough. When your luck is down the officials don't help. We conveniently don't mention Nunn. Personal, likeable character, came to the club with no coaches. Where are they now? Had a blank sheet at the start of the season. Budget was not a problem. Not my words watch the interview. Pre season against sub standard opposition. No gelling of players. I find pre season boring. Again not my words refer to the interview. No wins from 11 games, out of the FA Cup against a team a step below and also the FA Trophy at the first hurdle. Leaves the club no points on the board. Soon after key players leave, some follow him.
Give Michael and Tom a break they had to start from scratch without a pre season bringing in players with zero points on the board.
They have my support. Onwards and Upwards.
Is the answer that everyone leads to is that the rate in our catchment area is very high .

Just trying to compare ourselves against Hinckley loughboro anstey etc when their avg att is as low as 140
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:31 am This come and see me at the car park stuff to Adrian is getting boring now. Let him have his opinion and stop biting so much . Almost like you’re all trying to cancel him.
Biggles stop trying to ban him it’s embarrassing!

Everyone’s hurting now after two seasons of getting beat every week so take much with a bit of salt please.
Sorry but i have around far too long, the original Clubs forum, the forum after etc, etc, and every time you get the wind ups from other Clubs and believe me it dont take a lot to get a band wagon up of upset fans because things not going well.

Its happened before, Forums ruined because the moderators thing its embarrasing to ban people unitil its far too late and the forum becomes toxic and the good fans run for the hills becuase they are fed up with Board Out, Manager out.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by diamond.diva »

Well said Stacey! I know times are really tough at present but these continual negative rants and slagging people off from Adrian don’t help! I wish I had a manic wand or £1m to help out but sadly I don’t!