Lost BOXING DAY [ Tue 26th Dec ] v Harborough Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: BOXING DAY [ Tue 26th Dec ] v Harborough Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by STAGMAN »

Bloody Santa , i asked for a striker for Christmas but alas i think he has failed me , old humbug. An way see you all tomorrow , here,s still hoping
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

STAGMAN wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:51 pm Bloody Santa , i asked for a striker for Christmas but alas i think he has failed me , old humbug. An way see you all tomorrow , here,s still hoping
You've obviously been a naughty boy this year. So it seems have the rest of us. That Santa certainly knows how to punish us. 🎅😂
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

PXL_20231226_132812612.jpg
PXL_20231226_132812612.jpg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 23491 times
Grab your food from the food barn.

Special today the pigs in blanket option.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Got here early to day (in hope) & we looked a beaten team in the warm up unfortunately.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Interview Analysis...

⬆️ "it's enjoyable watching them flourish as players" (A)
⬆️ Was going to play an unfit Tagoe (B)
⬆️ "I won't go into it (tactic talk) to much in case someone is watching" (C)
⬆️ Constantly looking down to the floor when he talks (D)

Delusional 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A.. The young players are being made fragile, they are in no way flourishing.
B.. We had no chance of winning this game, Tagoe should have been rested in time for a fixture where we have a slight chance of getting a point.
C.. Uh huh, Leeds United style spy-gate happening at Northern League Level, that's as stupid and delusional as trying to play it out from the back.
D.. He knows he is talking absolute rubbish hence the lack of eye contact.

If I was him I would be spinning yarns too, anything to keep me in the job a little longer so I can bag as many pennies as possible.

I also notice that he has stopped mentioning that we need some experience and an experienced striker.

Game Analysis...
A real achievement to only concede 4 goals against the league leaders, up until we conceded the first goal we looked like we would go on an win, I mean there was 80 minutes, yes EIGHTY minutes to go but I had seen enough in those opening 10 minutes to acknowledge what a fantastic effort the boys were putting in. It's something to build upon.

Club Future...
Harriman Out! - but it's not all his fault.
Board members connected with the appointment of Andrew Burgess, Richard Maxwell and now Michael Harriman all need replacing.
These were 'easy' 'mate like' 'soft' decisions, not the decisions of people who are tasked with managing the money the club generates and certainly not running it with the main interests at the forefront which is obviously a football team who are performing on the pitch regardless of winning or losing.

Upon appointing Chris Nunn we thought the board members connected with the Burge and Maxwell appointments had realised the error of their ways, they have now undone all that, if we want a club next year changes need to be made, until the people connected with the bad/horrendous mistakes are out of the club they will always hamper any chance progression - but as the money they manage is out of the fans pockets rather than out of their own pockets - it doesn't really matter to them.

As someone previously mentioned, Michael joked in the last interview that he may have to play - well he's a very experienced defender, he should be out there playing football, it looks like the board gave him the managers job knowing that he was going to retire from playing.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Adrian wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:00 pm Interview Analysis...

⬆️ "it's enjoyable watching them flourish as players" (A)
⬆️ Was going to play an unfit Tagoe (B)
⬆️ "I won't go into it (tactic talk) to much in case someone is watching" (C)
⬆️ Constantly looking down to the floor when he talks (D)

Delusional 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A.. The young players are being made fragile, they are in no way flourishing.
B.. We had no chance of winning this game, Tagoe should have been rested in time for a fixture where we have a slight chance of getting a point.
C.. Uh huh, Leeds United style spy-gate happening at Northern League Level, that's as stupid and delusional as trying to play it out from the back.
D.. He knows he is talking absolute rubbish hence the lack of eye contact.

If I was him I would be spinning yarns too, anything to keep me in the job a little longer so I can bag as many pennies as possible.

I also notice that he has stopped mentioning that we need some experience and an experienced striker.

Game Analysis...
A real achievement to only concede 4 goals against the league leaders, up until we conceded the first goal we looked like we would go on an win, I mean there was 80 minutes, yes EIGHTY minutes to go but I had seen enough in those opening 10 minutes to acknowledge what a fantastic effort the boys were putting in. It's something to build upon.

Club Future...
Harriman Out! - but it's not all his fault.
Board members connected with the appointment of Andrew Burgess, Richard Maxwell and now Michael Harriman all need replacing.
These were 'easy' 'mate like' 'soft' decisions, not the decisions of people who are tasked with managing the money the club generates and certainly not running it with the main interests at the forefront which is obviously a football team who are performing on the pitch regardless of winning or losing.

Upon appointing Chris Nunn we thought the board members connected with the Burge and Maxwell appointments had realised the error of their ways, they have now undone all that, if we want a club next year changes need to be made, until the people connected with the bad/horrendous mistakes are out of the club they will always hamper any chance progression - but as the money they manage is out of the fans pockets rather than out of their own pockets - it doesn't really matter to them.

As someone previously mentioned, Michael joked in the last interview that he may have to play - well he's a very experienced defender, he should be out there playing football, it looks like the board gave him the managers job knowing that he was going to retire from playing.
How did your chat with Rob go today?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

Adrian

Now that you have refused the very polite offer by our club chairman your rants have very little credence

Whilst I agree that the appointments of both Burgess and Maxwell were massively damaging I cannot agree that this is the case with Michael. There were hardly people throwing themselves at the job (why would they)

I agree that I don't agree with the tactics that have been employed recently but I genuinely don't think there is anyone out there that would want the job who could do better.

Now onto your rants against the current board and replacing them. You must be out of your tiny little mind, had it not been for the current incumbents we wouldn't have a club at all at this stage. It may be hard to watch but I'll take it 100% over not having a club. If you're the brilliant know all then I would encourage you to get on board as you're clearly much better
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It’s quite incredible that everything that has been written/said about events of the last year or so appear to have passed Adrian by.
Change the record, educate yourself and then put yourself forward to affect change. If you’re not prepared to do that then your rants and opinions are worthless.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts