Lost [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Ricky330 »

davealbon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:41 pm I'm guessing that Harriman was given a points target to achieve by Christmas from the board so surely its time for them to now review? Although who would want the job I don't know.
However, the situation is just not improving and unfortunately shows no sign of getting better any time soon.
We simply turn up, miss chances & concede easy soft goals every week.
I'm afraid relegation is a certainty.
I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left, and there certainly won't be any more interest now. Harriman has inherited a squad that is simply not good enough for Step 4 football, and our league position (coupled with a somewhat restrictive budget) is making it impossible for him to attract new players of sufficient quality. I don't know what anyone else could do better in this situation, unless we appoint one of the few managers around who would bring their own money in to add to the budget?

Our only hope of avoiding relegation is if we can bring in several decent players in the January fire sales, when the mid-table teams with no chance of going up or down cut their cloth to save for next season, whilst hoping the teams just above us can't do the same. It's a very long shot though.
Week after week it's the same story. Turn up , try hard , but no success. This surely cannot just be put down to "the players aren't good enough " we clearly do have 'some' talent but there has been NO improvement IMO. (I'd go so far as to say we're going backwards)
Therefore, I (like many of us I'm guessing) am asking
What is the game plan? What are we doing in training?
Cos it's clearly not defence drills or shooting practice!
That's why IMO the board needs to review the Management situation unfortunately
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

How many more times do the Board have to tell us that there were only 3 candidates at a suitable level that could be interviewed. One of them dropped out leaving two. The Board followed the exact same process as for the Nunn appointment. Pre set questions scored by all on the interviews including one independent. We sack Harriman. Who comes in as interim while the interview process is taking place. Who is going to come forward next time. probably no one. Then what do we do?
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Adrian, had you not considered that the Manger and assistant are actually injured. Harriman broke his leg some time ago which gives him Achilis problems. That is why he is not playing. That is not being a coward. Tom is still suffering with his knee. That is not being a coward. But hey, why let facts get in the way of moanins and quite frankly an insult to both.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

https://youtu.be/Ly3l6zsuLGk?si=vqqoevL0WQ4XfHvs

Worth a look -- players on around £500 a week at our level is fcuking madness.
The board have some difficult decisions to make. As a fanbase/ paying customers I don't think we're getting value for money, do we cut the budget, accept it's finished this season and retain as much as we can for next season? Tough call to make.
AFC R & D member number 34
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Will Jones gone to Cambridge City. Running out of players who even look capable of putting the ball in the net
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

The thought of giving up now and throwing the towel in and tightening the purse would kill us as a club. 9-0 drubbings with a 100 fans would stick the knife in.

So that’s not the way .

What is a way though is to find new a new manager and hope that Harriman stays on.

16/18 lost
10 away on the bounce .
Something needs to change , there’s loads of time left yet.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

ParcelFace wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:12 pm Will Jones gone to Cambridge City. Running out of players who even look capable of putting the ball in the net
Can’t blame him for leaving, lets hope the management team have an ace up their sleeve.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:37 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:12 pm Will Jones gone to Cambridge City. Running out of players who even look capable of putting the ball in the net
Can’t blame him for leaving, lets hope the management team have an ace up their sleeve.
Somewhat agree, somewhat don’t. Jones was definitely our best striker. He really excelled in his hold up play and ability to win headers, but unfortunately whilst he was playing as a lone striker we were not able to reap the benefits of it. Saddens me to see him go in some ways because out of anyone in the squad, you would’ve expected him to stay and fight for the club. But, he is probably hoping he can kick on with Cambridge, who (if they stay up) look a club with decent prospects. The need for a striker obviously becomes even greater now, I’m still not convinced it will solve our problems though. You simply can’t build a team with an average age of just over 20 years old, at any level of senior football. A lot of these lads have a lot of talent but they need an arm round their shoulder on that pitch. Inman speaks really well and seems to be a natural leader, but just 1 leader on a pitch isn’t enough. Multiple times in today’s game we lost possession as our players were not communicating with each other, not telling them man on etc. If we can get 3/4 more lads in like Inman, we would stand a much greater chance of getting results. The likelihood of bringing more than 1 of those kinds of players in right now is extremely unlikely.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

rickthediamond wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:48 pm
Somewhat agree, somewhat don’t. Jones was definitely our best striker. He really excelled in his hold up play and ability to win headers

Is this is what we as a club judges success by now. Our strikers win headers and hold the ball up!

FFS the lad is a donkey and loves a sesh. So let him go bang in 3 goals in 52 games for Cambridge City and they can come down with us. We are down. We are dreadful. And best of luck to the 210 people who watch us get humped 6 nill by Harborough on Boxing Day. I won't be one of them as I'll be in my lounge watching Mrs Browns Boys, which at the moment is far more enjoyable than watching us "play" football.

The clubs is UCL bound. Tell Joseph to stop wasting his time "interviewing" the manger as nothing if note ever comes out their mouths. They don't care, the viewers don't care.

I thought losing 8/9nil in a Northants youth league game was a low point following Rushden and Diamond, today tops that. We're down. We're out. We're f*cking dreadful.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Dowlo wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:47 am
rickthediamond wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:48 pm

Somewhat agree, somewhat don’t. Jones was definitely our best striker. He really excelled in his hold up play and ability to win headers

Is this is what we as a club judges success by now. Our strikers win headers and hold the ball up!

FFS the lad is a donkey and loves a sesh. So let him go bang in 3 goals in 52 games for Cambridge City and they can come down with us. We are down. We are dreadful. And best of luck to the 210 people who watch us get humped 6 nill by Harborough on Boxing Day. I won't be one of them as I'll be in my lounge watching Mrs Browns Boys, which at the moment is far more enjoyable than watching us "play" football.

The clubs is UCL bound. Tell Joseph to stop wasting his time "interviewing" the manger as nothing if note ever comes out their mouths. They don't care, the viewers don't care.

I thought losing 8/9nil in a Northants youth league game was a low point following Rushden and Diamond, today tops that. We're down. We're out. We're f*cking dreadful.
He was the best striker we had. Whether he’s good enough is another matter. In an ideal world would I want Jones as a starting XI striker, no…
Lee Tomlin la la la