Lost [ Sat 9th Dec ] v Lye Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: [ Sat 9th Dec ] v Lye Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

Bit of a strange day to be honest. Saw the line up with 4 key players missing and thought the worst. Then we matched them for most of the half until 2 very poor goals right at the end changed the game significantly. The first one we had the ball practically near the corner flag and then 10 seconds later we concede. Very poor goal. Second half we didnt really do much until Dean came in and caused quite a few problems. Pulled the goal back but left it too little too late. Thought Lye were very average yet top the league!!! Some good performances but an absolute must we strengthen or else we have very little chance. That said if we had a full team today I would have fancied a result.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Unfortunately it's the same thing every week. Start off bright, then concede sloppy goals from relatively few attacks. Come out 2nd half, huff n puff but no real end product (did Johnson have a shot today?)
Football is simple... score more than you concede = win games. Trouble is we couldn't score in a brothel with a 2 for 1 voucher☹
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

My first game for a while, when I saw the teamsheet I was extremely worried. However for 43 mins we absolutely matched them and were probably the better team, as previously said 2 poor goals and we trudge in at half time with no belief. It seems if the opposition can score 2 we won’t win as we can’t score more than 1. Second half we didn’t really do much until we changed formation, went 2 up front and John Dean came on, had we don’t this after 60 minutes we genuinely could have got something out of the game.
I thought Luca did pretty well. And was impressed with a couple of the other recent signings.
We aren’t a great prospect at the moment for players I get that, even if we can match or better their wage would you want to join a team bottom that loses every week. So we need to be creative and have a bit of depth, I saw someone say get Alfie Taylor back!, well at this stage he knows where the goal is he could come on and get us something from a game.
I also think the management team need some more help, someone like a lamby who is a well connected coach at this and step 5 level.

This is where we are, we can still go on a run and get out of it and stay up and then we become a bit more attractive to players
AFC R&D Member No. 67
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Oh and am sure they were nice people but the ground!, no toilets except in the clubhouse, no hot food, no drinks except from the clubhouse and no infill in the pitchside fence. They need to do a fair bit to get the ground up to ground grading standard.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

How their ground and Coventry Sphinx are allowed in the league amazes me. I thought considering our current position the turnout from our fans was pretty good. Around 30-40 I would say, probably more.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I've given up getting wound up by ground grading inconsistencies; it's quite apparent the rules are either enforced on an entirely ad hoc basis, or applied depending on who you know rather than the level you play at.

Somewhat related to that is the floodlights; not sure if it's just the video but Lye's appear to be even worse than the Dog & Duck's!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights & interviews from AFCRDTV

Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Stourbridge_Diamond wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:47 pm I overheard Lye fans after the game saying that's the worst they've played all sason
And they still beat us.

We are always going to start positively because every week we keep saying we can't fault the lads, if we perhaps show some disappointment in the way that they totally switch off to concede such silly goals they might start to smell the coffee.

Why are Herriman and Lorraine on the bench? Herriman is so quiet he's not going to effect games from the touchline, he is a classy and experienced defender, we need him on the pitch rather than on the touchline, Lorraine, well he has as much chance of scoring as anyone else on the field, he was scoring some at this level for Cambridge City I believe.

We have a managerial team who admit we need experience on the pitch and yet they themselves who have experience and bags of it are on the sidelines, the 2 of them are better qualified to play football than they are to manage a club so to have them benched is insanity.

Look at it this way, if Herriman and Lorraine were not at the club right now and our manager signed them tomorrow - we would be labelling them as excellent signings and saying their experience is vital - just as we were when Herriman came in last season, now we are in a lower league so he'd be an even better capture.

The idea is to sign players who are experienced to add to the experience of the current squad, not so that the 2 most experienced players we do have can sit on the bench, with the amount of 2 week breaks we have been having between games they've had enough time to rest.

Someone needs to show the players the videos and tell them to stop making school boy errors, being switched on and organised should be the easy part of the game, once or twice is bad luck, every flippin week is just taking the biscuit, it's like old comedies where the burglars throw a slice of ham over the fence to distract the dogs while they sneak in.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Harriman has an achilis injury and Tom still carrying that knee injury hence both on the bench yesterday. Wilson and Anderson were unavailable. I am not sure what else can be done. 7 day approaches are going out on a very regular basis but just can't seem to get players in. Understandably really especially strikers at any level that are scoring goals. As I have said before if you are scoring goals your team are likely to be near the top of the league. You are therefore enjoying your football. Why move to a team at the bottom of a league and low in confidence