Drawn [ Sat 28th Oct ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Oct ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

We do have some potentially decent youngsters where ideally one or two of them scattered amongst a strong experienced team would learn and thrive but unfortunately we have no option but to field 8 or 9 to be able to put a team out. I am pretty sure that every single person connected to this club knows what we need to get in on the player front and am 100% certain that the management are trying and the board are supporting. As Barton Raz mentioned it’s a pretty hard sell at the moment to get players to come but one signing starts the ball rolling so give them time. Any 7 dayers would have only been put in last week so let’s see where we are come next Saturday. What I would give for a fernando, jesse or Ben Diamond in the middle of the park! Not going to happen but it’s someone with the experience we need.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

davealbon wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:28 pm
There are no doubt some talented players in the squad, but too many who are either a) not good enough, b) too inexperienced/lightweight/naive or c) both of the above.
This was my first home match of the season and I came away with exactly those same thoughts. Far too many passes from midfielders were to nobody or to opponents. I won't single out any individuals by name but three should have been replaced at ht. If Will Jones is to be captain he needs to direct his shouting at the players not the ref or lino. For me MOTM was Will Glennon.
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:09 pm Not good enough I'm afraid. No players in. A borrowed Glennon. Where do we go from here?? Wheres the money if we've got a 400+ home crowd??
I’ve not been able to see a game since Cambridge but the second half performance for me was a good indication that things are improving.
This comment though made me pretty angry and I’m not on the board or coaching staff!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Story of the season the effort is there but a poor decision from Gough, with the back pass when Will was open which led to their goal.

It just doesn’t seem to be going for us at the moment, it wasn’t like we didn’t have the opportunities to win the game. Another massive game next week.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

A hard watch yesterday, Rugby weren't any better than us really, but we can't say we deserved to win that one, two teams that are going to need some big changes to survive this season.

What was most frustrating for me was the passing and ball retention, or lack of it from us yesterday, I know they're semi pro players at the 8th level of English football, but it was poor and of course it was a bad stray pass that resulted in their goal, which seems to be happening again and again this season. At least we didn't lose, but this was a game that we need to be winning, Rugby were there for the taking and we were unable to capitalise.

Also where were the two loanees yesterday? Hopefully they will will make a difference, but it is essential that we make some experienced signings now, obviously, sure we are aren't exactly a great attraction right now, but we're still one of the bigger clubs in the area.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Sorely playing in front of 400 fans rather than one man and his dog would help attract some players ?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Unfortunately for about 90% of players at this level it’s all about the ££££££££££
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:34 amI won't single out any individuals by name but three should have been replaced at ht.
By players who are worse and/or even less experienced?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights and interviews with AFCRDTV