Drawn [ Sat 28th Oct ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 28th Oct ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Next up, Rugby Town at Hayden Road next weekend...a 6 pointer?

fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 28th Oct ] v Rugby Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

A huge huge game tomorrow, a win is so needed, at worst we can’t afford to lose. I feel confident, let’s get those 3 points. Need the crowd tomorrow more than ever.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Probably one of the biggest games in our recent history. I hope we have a big crowd and a great atmosphere
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Not good enough I'm afraid. No players in. A borrowed Glennon. Where do we go from here?? Wheres the money if we've got a 400+ home crowd??
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m fighting hard to stay positive so all I’m going to say is that we need 2 or 3 experienced players in this week and Edge staying with us. Anything less and we have serious problems. These are the key games that we have to be winning.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Another point on the board with most around us losing. We are clinging on at the foot of the table but another opportunity lost against a team around us.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:09 pm Not good enough I'm afraid. No players in. A borrowed Glennon. Where do we go from here?? Wheres the money if we've got a 400+ home crowd??
No players in (yet) but not for the want of trying. The Club is a bit of a hard-sell at the moment for obvious reasons. Glennon solved a problem today, nicked a goal and loves it here so I'm not really sure what the problem is there.

With regards to the 'where is the money' comment, I presume you don't think we're embezzling it. I have us around 25% below budget today so there's plenty of scope for Harriman to make changes.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I think it's abundantly clear to everyone that we have no chance of survival with the current squad, and I've no doubt that Harriman and Shanks are working hard to address that. Their ability to recruit enough players with the required quality AND experience at this level will determine if their their tenure is to be successful.

There are no doubt some talented players in the squad, but too many who are either a) not good enough, b) too inexperienced/lightweight/naive or c) both of the above.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Unfortunately when we won the other day people were saying we've turned a corner, amazing, fantastic etc, sentimental rubbish papers over the cracks and results in fans expectations of the players to go up again and start thinking we are entitles to win games against certain teams.

Until we can sign some experienced players, picking up a single point is better than nothing, a point against a team who have beaten Harborough Town this season is a decent outcome in by book.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎